Silver Level Poster
Unboxing - impressed with the packaged.

IMAG0400.jpg
IMAG0401.jpg
IMAG0402.jpg

Mordant

Silver Level Poster
Chassis & Display
Vortex Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4810MQ (2.80GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X IMPACT 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980M - 8.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
1st*Hard Disk
None (installed a 1Tb HDD I had)
M.2 SSD Drive
480GB Kingston SSDNow mS200 mSATA (upto 530MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
2nd*mSATA/M.2 SSD Drive
None
1st*DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
6x BLURAY WRITER, 8x DVD ±R/±RW & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND*
Sound Card
Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1202 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N + BLUETOOTH 4.0

Mordant

Silver Level Poster
First impressions are very good, much thicker and heavier than my old HP Pavilion DV6 but not to much. Also quieter so far, even when I ran 3DMark and a quick test of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (my newest game except Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen both of which will be lengthy downloads).

Obviously I've yet to really stress the laptop so I expect the fan noise will increase, just need to install Windows and the above new games first.

I've posted my 3DMark score in the benchmark thread but here it is again: 8184, better than 83% of computers: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/5675305.

Very pleased and will provide a more detailed review once I've set it up properly and had some time to live with it.

One disclaimer: I have bought this through my company as a "work from home and when away" laptop so I don't have to pay the VAT which makes it cheaper and factors into my perceived value for money of the laptop.

Mordant

Silver Level Poster
I'm sure the 980m was a pivotal and deal-breaking component of you 'working' at home ;)

It's very important for web development to have a high frame rate :D

Seriously though my boss has invested in an Oculus Rift DK2 as the company has created 3D training programs for oil rigs and hospitals for orientation and fire drills etc and the plan is to try porting them to the OR. None of our work PCs have the graphical grunt for the OR so there is a slight excuse for my laptop.