Vortex IX Internal Dac

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me what internal DAC the Vortex IX laptop has ???
Doesn't have a DAC per say, just a normal motherboard audio chip, normally a RealTek sound controller but it's a Clevo board.

What makes you ask? Bit of an odd question.

Last edited:
It has to have a Dac internally it has analog outputs and therefore it needs a model name I am curious because I want to know the sample-rate of 48, 96 and 192kHz ect and I am also interested how it ties in with the soundblaster x pro 360 sound the laptop is labelled to house.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It has to have a Dac internally it has analog outputs and therefore it needs a model name I am curious because I want to know the sample-rate of 48, 96 and 192kHz ect and I am also interested how it ties in with the soundblaster x pro 360 sound the laptop is labelled to house.
It doesn't have a DAC, a DAC is a standalone external device or built in to dedicated hifi equipment.

It has an onboard Soundcard which contains a DAC processor, but it's not a separate part of the Audio controller.

The manufacturer is RealTek, but I don't think there's anyway to find out exactly which chip is being used without taking the motherboard apart and finding the controller chip.

Have a look at your motherboard Audio, you'll just see the controller name, there's no way of finding individual subsection details. It's just one chip that controls the sound and DAC with several embedded sub chips if you like.

Soundblaster is just a DSP suite, but it's licensed.

If you need sample rates, you'd have to ask PCS directly.

But if you're looking for high res audio, then you'd need a dedicated sound card if it's for 7.1 systems or DAC if it's just to output to hifi/headphones.

Last edited:
Just from the spec as default the laptop states it has hi res audio. And as you pointed out soundblaster is just software. So if I am buying an external dac how can I compare features of the laptops dac is I know what I am buying is better and not tonally different in fact I could buy a £2 Chinese usb dac to increase sound quality then ?
Screenshot_20191006-112550_Chrome.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have a read up about DACS, you still haven’t said what your requirements are so it’s impossible to advise.

Computers don't have Hi-res audio. They're marketed as HD audio which is just a modern sound driver default in windows.

Why do you need Hi-res, it doesn't sound like you fully understand what it is if you're expecting a motherboard to have a high end DAC in it?

Have you actually heard Hi-Res files on a high end output? Can you descern the difference? Not everyone can hear a difference, it's only very sensitive ears that can pick up the change. Do you have hi-res files, if so what format and bit-rate? What player do you use?

Are you wanting to record hi-res? If so that's just down to the software you use.

There's too many area's here to tell you about, you really need to understand what it is you need.

But, no, no laptop or computer has Hi-res audio built in.

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Pretty much ALL computer audio for most of the last decade is HD audio.

You're getting overly focused on something that's very standard. It's like a car saying it meets the standard of having 4 wheels. Of course the laptop has HD Audio.

If you need to know the exact device ID of the Realtek chip you'd need to ask PCS directly. But there's no point because if you're truly that bothered you're going to be using your Astell & Kern DAP that you carry with you at all times as a USB DAC anyway.