Vortex IX review

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As much as Prime will let you test the CPU to its limits, once you have found them.... also try testing with the hardest pushing games you can. The reason for this is that when the undervolt is applied and prime 95 is used to check it, all resource and control is put to the CPU.

When you throw gaming in the mix there will be variations in everything, including voltage control. This helps weed out any instability where you need a margin of error in the settings you have used.

For example, I had a -190mv undervolt on my Octane years back. It drove me bonkers as every test it passed with flying colours but would crash on me with GTAV at silly settings. Turned out the UV was too low as I was right on the edge. Re-set it to -170mv and never had another issue (Until overclocked further :LOL:).

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
lol :D yea I think that was the issue but I am still testing, now it seems to be stable at -200 lol :D but an hour prime test and still was going on, will still play with it though, here are some screenshots from warzone just now :D 11+GB ram used lol, everything maxed out :D, I heard you can do some monster cooling on octane machines papusan from notebookcheck forum was running it at 47c after cinebench tests lol with 9900k or 9700k in it :D

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Do you know what their modified cooling setup was? Asking for a friend :sneaky:

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
Do you know what their modified cooling setup was? Asking for a friend :sneaky:
I think this was used with a custom made copper I think there was a user BartX who was making them, try have a look on google if you interested, there has been some great work done, but also those temps were on LM.
here is a link to the thread and also for IHS
custom made IHS

it has very good response even without LM

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
Almost all driver related BSODs have ntoskrnl as the failing module. That's the main part of the Windows kernel. If a driver screws up it's almost always the kernel that detects the problem (when the driver returns control to the kernel) and since the kernel contains no driver specific error recovery routines all it can do is BSOD. Often the dump produced will indicate the failing driver (the kernel knows which module it was) but even that's not guaranteed.
I had ran prime for about 2-3 hours no bsods but I still had a bsod while gaming anno, same error, do you have any clue maybe?
here is a log have a look please, no bsods while testing
Untitled.jpg

log bsod

Untitled54345.jpg

Lemon_Haze

Gold Level Poster
I have done some last and final tests couple of days ago
here are the results on -170mv core -100mv cache undervolt stable in every game/ test so far tested. Max temps after 8+ hours of extreme gaming & idle 82c. Very happy now.

ultimate repasting job.png

8+ hours mixed gaming & idle

8hrs.jpg
8hrs2.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That looks brilliant!

Have you hammered GTA V at max settings yet? 😇