Vortex IX w/ RTX2070 - Black screen when switching to Discrete GPU

NomBidon

Hi all,

I just received and set up my new Vortex IX with 9750H and 2070 RTX.

I have an issue when I try to enable G-Sync by switching the GPU from MSHybrid to Discrete in the BIOS (this option doesn't show up in the Clevo CC 3.0). After startup, the laptop screen remains black and I don't even get a normal signal over the HDMI port to the external monitor. I can only see for a couple of seconds the PCS logo on my external monitor before the HDMI signal disappears.

The only way to get around it was to reset the BIOS. I tried switching MSHybrid to Discrete a couple of times with the same result.

I am posting a new topic because some people have reported the same issue and did not get a satisfactory answer in at least one other topic in this forum.

Any help would be very appreciated!

David

itburnz

"this option doesn't show up in the Clevo CC 3.0" - the option in the clevo control centre to change between mshybrid and discreet should be there however you access it by right clicking the taskbar icon (the miniture icon at the bottom right corner typically where the sound icon would be, not the icon at the bottom for general open programs). I have control centre 3.0 and I have the option on mine. Wouldnt be surprised if you see the same result though with the problem you're facing regardless of trying through the bios or cc

I see others have this option in their BIOS however I cannot seem to find it in my BIOS

I read up other people have the same issue as you that they cant get the gpu switch to work however I thought this was only an issue with the 4k displays

hopefully someone will be along to help out or perhaps you should send pcs a message to see what they say

Last edited: