Vox

Stephen M

Author Level
It is a pity they are no longer made in the UK but Vox are still producing some great amps and with valves in, I think one of these will be on its way to me in the near future: https://voxamps.com/en-gb/product/ac30-custom-head/

Not long got a bass amp but thought this would go well with it and as my bass is designed to play through two amps it will be interesting to give it a try with the neck pick up going through a Vox VX50BA and the bridge through the AC30.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It is a pity they are no longer made in the UK but Vox are still producing some great amps and with valves in, I think one of these will be on its way to me in the near future: https://voxamps.com/en-gb/product/ac30-custom-head/

Not long got a bass amp but thought this would go well with it and as my bass is designed to play through two amps it will be interesting to give it a try with the neck pick up going through a Vox VX50BA and the bridge through the AC30.
Very nice! Same tubes as I have in my hifi amp and they are rather special.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I think I mentioned it somewhere ages ago that as a huge Beatles fan, one of my first ever treats to self when I started working was a Vox AC30 combo. I was startlingly unprepared for how incredibly loud that thing could get. And it really does need to be loud in order to properly drive the amp and get it sounding it’s best. After several complaints from the neighbours I traded it in for an AC15. Which was still insane but less likely to get me an ASBO.

Stephen M

Author Level
The volume level of the AC30 is awesome, I have had the chance to try quite a few amps over the years and while I like Marshall, Laney, Orange, Fender etc I do not believe any come near the power of the Vox of a similar wattage. If the reports about the attentuator are correct it should be possible to get the best Vox sound at any volume.

I have been thinking about the AC15 as I like my neighbours but as there is already a 50 Watt Bass amp in the house think it will have to be the AC30.

Plus, for hot days a Marshall fridge would be useful: https://marshall.com/lifestyle/fridge

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That fridge is immense. Our current house isn’t big enough for me to have one but if I ever get the opportunity to have my own man cave it’s an essential purchase.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That fridge is awesome..... BUT, they did miss a trick, should have had the levels go up to 11.
I’m going to have to watch that film now!

2153BEE6-FFCE-486F-B74A-6FA901F83583.gif

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Don’t know if you’ve already seen it, but if not I would strongly urge you to get hold of the DVD edition that includes the commentary.

They actually do the commentary in character as David St Hubbins, Nigel Tufnel and Derek Smalls and it is absolutely brilliant. It’s easily as funny as the film itself, I was in pieces the first time I watched it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Don’t know if you’ve already seen it, but if not I would strongly urge you to get hold of the DVD edition that includes the commentary.

They actually do the commentary in character as David St Hubbins, Nigel Tufnel and Derek Smalls and it is absolutely brilliant. It’s easily as funny as the film itself, I was in pieces the first time I watched it.
Ooooo, having a look for it now, thanks for the pointer! (y)

Stephen M

Author Level
I think I mentioned it somewhere ages ago that as a huge Beatles fan, one of my first ever treats to self when I started working was a Vox AC30 combo. I was startlingly unprepared for how incredibly loud that thing could get. And it really does need to be loud in order to properly drive the amp and get it sounding it’s best. After several complaints from the neighbours I traded it in for an AC15. Which was still insane but less likely to get me an ASBO.
You may have to rethink and get an AC30 again, with the possibility of a baby crying at night you will need something good to drown out the noise of that :)