VR Overlay Fun

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was playing Poker in VR the other night and I was talking to few people at the table about how good it would be if they would have a TV or something available for watching sports or etc. The next day it occurred to me that something like that already exists so off I went in the hunt. Found a great little VR app (paid) that does exactly what I was after so cobbled together a little video of me giving it a brief run through. Additionally, also absolutely schooled 2 poker players into the bargain haha.

May take a few mins to publish but here is the link.

polycrac

Rising Star
Which app did you use? Also, do you think that poker app could work with LeapMotion, for ultra realistic hand motions?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Which app did you use? Also, do you think that poker app could work with LeapMotion, for ultra realistic hand motions?

I'm in work just now and I can't remember exactly. If you type OVR into Steam it should come up. I want to say it's OVRdrop or something like that.

I'm not sure. Thinking about the physics of it I don't see why not to be honest. I've had the leap motion since it released but I've never even plugged it in haha. My thinking with the leap motion though is it was more aimed at mouse tracking that moving actual avatar hands? I could be wrong with that but that's how I saw it work with flight simulators etc.

I have the Knuckles on the index and after a bit of calibration they aren't bad. Before that game above I was playing a game with one wide-boy who got all annoyed when I tucked him. Started throwing stuff at me etc so I gave him the finger. He was in shock as he had no idea how I did it :ROFLMAO: Stopped him in his tracks.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
What is this one called....

I can't access steam from work but I'm pretty sure that's it. OVRDrop.

polycrac

Rising Star
Leap motion is awesome! I used to use it stuck on the front of my VR headset, but I've not moved it to my new one (from Vive to Vive pro) yet. It works a bit better on Rift, I think but I use a rift emulator to bring some of the LM supported apps onto my Vive. Here's the demo that got me hooked (skip to the three min mark if you are busy):

It is even more detailed than that now, there have been updates since which greatly improve it. The hands are incredible at matching your motions and you can use then as controllers for games which are specially adapted, some which just seem to work fine and some need a bit of tinkering. Others flat out don't work with it, but it is worth trying - not having to use controllers makes the experience much more immersive. I use that force directed graph and the Leapmotion with my final year students, getting them to model social networks. Its honestly not all that educational, but good to have them playing with fun toys in the weeks before module feedback is due!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I actually bought it for FSX, I just never got around to putting any time into it. I still have the holder on the front of my Vive headset :D

If you try the PokerStarsVR let me know if it works. That might just bring me in to dusting it off as I love switching off at the poker table. It's a free download, as you would expect. They look to earn through selling chips to people who can't play etc :D

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've got Superhot but not played the others mentioned. Superhot is easily one of the best VR experiences going. Absolute genius.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Apropos nothing, just mentioning Humble have a VR bundle on at the moment with Moss, Superhot, Gorn, among others. In case the Poker goes wrong.

I just ordered that bundle anyway as it has Budget Cuts in it. Great deal with the other games all included. Space Pirate Trainer is also another one I've been wanting to try.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just ordered that bundle anyway as it has Budget Cuts in it. Great deal with the other games all included. Space Pirate Trainer is also another one I've been wanting to try.
I’ve got space pirate, it’s pretty intense! Good fun.