Vyper 17.3" - Review + Issue + How to manually install drivers?

ajwmcd

If that's the case then they should be in the OP's PCS account downloads.
They are, 03_chipset and 07_ME. However, I couldn't get the installers to work correctly and I assume OP has the same problem. Whether that is indicitive of a hardware fault I have no idea, although if that is is the case I would like to know. Although my Vyper seems to have been running fine since.

The files inside these downloads are "chipset-10.1.18019.8144-public-mup" and "intel(r) csme_consumer_12.0.40.1433v2" if that helps at all. The chipset I used from the Intel website which solved most of my problem is "chipset-10.1.18383.8213-public-mup".

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
They are, 03_chipset and 07_ME. However, I couldn't get the installers to work correctly and I assume OP has the same problem. Whether that is indicitive of a hardware fault I have no idea, although if that is is the case I would like to know. Although my Vyper seems to have been running fine since.

The files inside these downloads are "chipset-10.1.18019.8144-public-mup" and "intel(r) csme_consumer_12.0.40.1433v2" if that helps at all. The chipset I used from the Intel website which solved most of my problem is "chipset-10.1.18383.8213-public-mup".
I would call PCS in that case. Without the proper drivers installed your laptops aren't fit for purpose!

Later Edit: I have now escalated these issues to the PCS Customer Care Team. They should be able to explain what the issues are and locate drivers that actually work. :)

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If that's the case then they should be in the OP's PCS account downloads.
But I think that’s the issue, a lot of people have been reporting invalid installers that aren’t installing properly. It’s been the case with several drivers on peoples accounts. We’ve already reported it, but appears to still be happening.

Try calling PCS explain that the chipset driver and possibly others don’t appear to be installing correctly. That may take some time to get through to them so in the meantime, id go through the above and try sourcing the drivers yourself.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
But I think that’s the issue, a lot of people have been reporting invalid installers that aren’t installing properly. It’s been the case with several drivers on peoples accounts. We’ve already reported it, but appears to still be happening.

Try calling PCS explain that the chipset driver and possibly others don’t appear to be installing correctly. That may take some time to get through to them so in the meantime, id go through the above and try sourcing the drivers yourself.
I'll fire up the moose signal then...

Baki

Hi Guys, thanks for your feedback AJWMCD
I called PCS on Friday, they told me to send an email with all the info and also this topic, so I'll post here when I have an anwser.
Nothin' so far, but I should receive something tmr

Let's see

Baki

Hello, I've got a first answer from Customer Service :

Our technicians are still looking into this and we are also discussing it with the technical manager to see if there are updated drivers available for the chassis.
I will keep you updated as soon as I can.

Baki

Hi guys I've got some news.

It's the CHIPSET drivers and it's almost solved my issue.
Now I only have 2 missing drivers (against 6 before)
So I'm reassured.
Here are the devices that are still missing a driver:

CONTROLEUR PCI DE COMMUNICATIONS SIMPLIFIEES
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06E0&CC_0780

&

Périphérique système de base
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&SUBSYS_108B1D05&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&SUBSYS_108B1D05
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15E8&CC_0880

I'll let you know if PCS send me the last ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
PCS sent me an email with this link : https://we.tl/t-Ko9bJMP9mA (idk if I'm allow to share it here)
So I'm reassured.

&

Keep at them, you need those drivers.

stetib

PCS sent me an email with this link : https://we.tl/t-Ko9bJMP9mA (idk if I'm allow to share it here)
So I'm reassured.

&

Thanks for this, it also fixed some of my drivers, I am also missing these after installing a clean version of Windows so let me know if they send them to you!

RaduTomy

As someone who's interested in buying this laptop, I think it's a bit of a joke to go through all of this pain when forking out around £2k for a device.

Baki

As someone who's interested in buying this laptop, I think it's a bit of a joke to go through all of this pain when forking out around £2k for a device.
Yep you're right in a sense for this price that shouldn't happen.
But this configuration would have cost way more than 2k$ if I had chosen a big brand, you can save a lot of money and that's not too much pain on my side, my PC works fine I'm just waiting for the last drivers to be fully reassured.
Look at Razer's 17 inch laptop price for instance... I compare it to Razer because this is the only one with such a cool design as Vyper 17.

And also, you will always read more issues here, cause people without any problem won't need the forum.

Even if I have some drivers issues (that doesn't stop me from playing big games and working on it all day long btw) I would still recommend this PC.

stetib

Anyone know if the competitors drivers for the Max 17 Covert would be the same as it is the same chassis and I would assume board?

mortium90

Hey guys,

I bought a similar laptop, same specs and motherboard manufacturer.
Just performed a clean install and after installing chipset drivers I too have the same drivers missing.

So after some research, I found em.
One is the intel MEI driver.
One is the thunderbolt 3 driver.

The drivers I used can be downloaded from this link
[link removed]]

The drivers are uploading to this folder as we speak.

Hope this helps some ppl.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I removed your link because links to private Google drives are not secure, in the sense that we can't be sure their content isn't full of malware etc.

You're welcome to link to the website from where you sourced them.

Thanks for understanding. :)

Baki

I've got an answer from PCS today :

The CONTROLEUR PCI DE COMMUNICATIONS SIMPLIFIEES relates to the Intel Management Engine driver and the Périphérique système de base refers to the thunderbolt driver.

Here is the intel management engine driver - https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www...chipset-software/intel-management-engine.html You need the Intel® Management Engine Driver for Windows 8.1* and Windows® 10

Here’s the thunderbolt driver -

I don't have my laptop right now, I'll test this afternoon and get back at you
(I think I already tried the inter management engine)

Baki

So, unfortunately those links didn't help me

Here is the intel management engine driver - https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www...chipset-software/intel-management-engine.html You need the Intel® Management Engine Driver for Windows 8.1* and Windows® 10
It only supports 6th, 7th & 8th generation intel and I have a 10th gen.

Here’s the thunderbolt driver -
Nothing happens when I click on setup
TbtWosRelease_66.png