Vyper 17 Keyboard Quality

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
I recently purchased a new Vyper 17 laptop, which I am (mostly) incredibly pleased with. I noticed today the lettering on one of the keys on the keyboard (the "s") is already rubbing off... Being a fairly avid gamer I am pretty used to losing the WASD lettering, but I've only had the laptop for two weeks.... Has anyone else noticed this happening? I have to say that mechanically the keyboard is awesome: I love the feel and it has the perfect amount of tactile feedback, though I do lament the lack of a numpad 'Enter' key). My issue is purely cosmetic, but I am pretty surprised to lose lettering so quickly on a £2,000+ laptop.

1590250486023.png

Vince92

I knew I read this problem here already and finally found it again..
I got a Vyper III 15 one month ago (12th june) and experience the same issue, expecially on the W, S and D keys.

Can we get a statement how a 1 month old laptop can have these signs of wear for its age?
That's not a small quality issue in my opinion...
IMG_20200712_162207.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got a Vyper III 15 one month ago (12th june) and experience the same issue, expecially on the W, S and D keys.

Can we get a statement how a 1 month old laptop can have these signs of wear for its age?
That's not a small quality issue in my opinion...View attachment 17201
You’d need to contact PCS, they don’t monitor the forums and none of us work for them.

Emi22

That's not a small quality issue in my opinion...View attachment 17201
Hey guys got mine last week and already came with the W looking a bit rubbed off :/
Also the touchpad feels a bit loose in the click area.
108942226_223309975410466_6755536673728962705_n.jpg

Vince92

Hi EMI22,

I had the same issue with the loose touchpad at the bottom. I fixed it myself rather than sending it in. If someone is experiencing the loose touchpad you can do the following:
Unfortunately on the Vyper III the battery is on top of the touchbad but there are only four screws and then you can flip it up. Also there are three touchpad screws which are not that easy to remove since some cables are in the way. I put 2 layers of electrical tape there and it feels perfect now.

Emi22

Hi EMI22,

I had the same issue with the loose touchpad at the bottom. I fixed it myself rather than sending it in. If someone is experiencing the loose touchpad you can do the following:
Unfortunately on the Vyper III the battery is on top of the touchbad but there are only four screws and then you can flip it up. Also there are three touchpad screws which are not that easy to remove since some cables are in the way. I put 2 layers of electrical tape there and it feels perfect now.
Thanks! They are already picking up my unit tomorrow to check it. If the W key is already looking like that after a week, and the touchpad and also the power cable is loose.
Prefer to get all this fixed by them.