Vyper 17 - Thoughts after Two Weeks

Sinferia

If it helps, I received the Defiance VII I order to replace my Vyper 17 yesterday, and it is fantastic. Other than a few minor things (the speakers are truly atrocious) I am much happier with it than I was the Vyper. The fans are quieter, though I haven't done any crazy gaming yet, but in general it is a great system.

@Ambassador Spock Can you do a little review with your first thoughts please :D

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
@Ambassador Spock
Can the keys of the keyboard of the Defiance be coloured individually?
A lot of new laptops have speakers downside now

I have not found a way to do individual colours on the keyboard. You can set the colour to be pretty much any colour you want, but I've only seen an option to do the whole keyboard the same colour.

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
@Ambassador Spock Can you do a little review with your first thoughts please :D

I haven't had it long enough to to a proper review, but my first thoughts are positive. The speakers are terrible, and even though the mic has better placement than the Vyper, the fans are still loud enough when gaming to warrant an external headset. But other than those things I am happy. The webcam is decent quality and in a standard place so I have no issues with it. The keyboard has a very nice feel when typing (and the full numpad with enter key and everything is very nice). With the fans maxed it is loud but not as loud as my Vyper was, and the keyboard feels cooler to the touch. I haven't done any crazy gaming yet though, so I cannot attest to long-term temps. The case appears to be aluminum and has a very solid feel, though it does tend to get smudged rather easily so I'll keep some cleaning wipes on hand. All in all I am very happy with it so far. Just waiting on the refund from my Vyper 17 to be satisfied.

Sinferia

I haven't had it long enough to to a proper review, but my first thoughts are positive. The speakers are terrible, and even though the mic has better placement than the Vyper, the fans are still loud enough when gaming to warrant an external headset. But other than those things I am happy. The webcam is decent quality and in a standard place so I have no issues with it. The keyboard has a very nice feel when typing (and the full numpad with enter key and everything is very nice). With the fans maxed it is loud but not as loud as my Vyper was, and the keyboard feels cooler to the touch. I haven't done any crazy gaming yet though, so I cannot attest to long-term temps. The case appears to be aluminum and has a very solid feel, though it does tend to get smudged rather easily so I'll keep some cleaning wipes on hand. All in all I am very happy with it so far. Just waiting on the refund from my Vyper 17 to be satisfied.

Thank you ! Aluminium ? Thought it was plastic. Can you post a photo ? :)

michty_me

I'll keep an eye out on a detailed review. I think we may have spoken on Reddit regarding your bad apple.
I may be interested in the defiance with a 2070 MaxQ also. What is the TDP of the 2070MAXQ in these laptops?

Pleaaaase!! Do a review!! Even a YouTube video wold be really appreciated!! Can't find anything about this laptop on the web.

Ambassador Spock

Bronze Level Poster
Pleaaaase!! Do a review!! Even a YouTube video wold be really appreciated!! Can't find anything about this laptop on the web.

I'm sorry, my life is super busy at the moment, I can barely set aside enough time to eat and sleep much less write a full review or do a video. I also have very little motivation to write a full review until PCS processes the refund from the Vyper 17 I RMA'd almost a month ago. I will say the Defiance is fantastic compared to the Vyper. It gets hot when gaming, but I haven't notice any thermal throttling yet. You do need to change the processor use settings when on gaming on battery, otherwise it slows down so much it becomes usable. But if you just change the minimum processor state to 50% or higher, it is just fine. But the keyboard is nice, the system is powerful, and I have no complaints yet.

ROBNET54

Well, anyway your feedback so far on the Vyper & Defiance has been valuable for me. Thanks.
I hope you get a little break ( and get your Vyper money back form PCS), maybe then you will be able to make a review on the Defiance.