Vyper 17 Wont connect to a monitor?

howl1018

So i bought a custom 17.3 vyper with an RTX 2070, 16gb 2300hz, i710875h etc about 6 months ago. However i have recently come into some problems i percieved to be a gpu hardware issue. Randomly at any given time, when plugged into a second monitor, the monitor will cut out and display a box with "no signal". I have found a temporary fix for this which is to unplug the monitor and completely shut down the computer, replug the monitor into the laptop and then boot which works but only till it happens again. I have tried different hdmi cables and monitors but to no avail. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled drivers but that hasnt fixed anything. After trying 3 separate monitors and 4 different hdmi cables i am severely stuck on what to do. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

howl1018

UPDATE : i am waiting on a thunderbolt 3 to DP cable and hopefully that will fix my problem, I will update this thread if not. Thanks everyone.

mbuk2k

Hi @howl1018 if this cable works can I ask what external monitor you are using?

I have a 15.6 Vyper and when I tried a thunderbolt 3 to DP cable it did not transmit any video at all. The monitor was not even recognised.

For reference my monitor is a Dell S2716DG.

Also separate question - what refresh rate are you getting through your HDMI cable? I am unable to get above 60Hz through my external monitor using the HDMI port on the Vyper (here's the thread). Though I suspect/hope it is because the monitor itself is old and only has HDMI 1.4 not 2.0.

Edit: nevermind, solved my issue :):rolleyes:

Last edited:

barlew

Godlike
So i bought a custom 17.3 vyper with an RTX 2070, 16gb 2300hz, i710875h etc about 6 months ago. However i have recently come into some problems i percieved to be a gpu hardware issue. Randomly at any given time, when plugged into a second monitor, the monitor will cut out and display a box with "no signal". I have found a temporary fix for this which is to unplug the monitor and completely shut down the computer, replug the monitor into the laptop and then boot which works but only till it happens again. I have tried different hdmi cables and monitors but to no avail. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled drivers but that hasnt fixed anything. After trying 3 separate monitors and 4 different hdmi cables i am severely stuck on what to do. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

What leads you to believe it is a hardware issue? I assume you are using both the laptop screen and second monitor at the same time? If so when the signal is lost does the laptop screen also lose its video?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers both Intel and Nvidia using DDU?

Have you checked to ensure all available windows updates are installed?

howl1018

What leads you to believe it is a hardware issue? I assume you are using both the laptop screen and second monitor at the same time? If so when the signal is lost does the laptop screen also lose its video?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers both Intel and Nvidia using DDU?

Have you checked to ensure all available windows updates are installed?
Hi there, I managed to temporarily fix this issue with the cable swap using a different port. However the issue has once again arisen henceforth I am back here. I believe this is a hardware issue as I am not using both screens at the same time. when the problem occurs only the laptop screen will show an image and wont present anything on the main monitor. I have done both the provided solutions and i am quite worried as of a few days ago my GPU very temporarily died mid use, After waiting a few hours and trying to boot again it restored itself, This has lead me to believe maybe a faulty connection with the gpu and motherboard however i cant be sure as i am not a professional.