Vyper Series: 15.6" laptop hinge attachment problem

User31

Hi,

Unfortunately one of the screen hinges of my Vyper Series: 15.6" laptop is separated from the back lcd cover which I suspect is broken (because I could see some pieces of plastic on the screw. The screen is perfect, and I can still use the laptop (I guess the other one is getting a bit more pressure)

The laptop doesn´t have 2 and a half years yet. I think is still young for this kind of problem. My last laptop (a VAIO) was with me 10 years and never had this kind of problem and I believe I am quite carefull with my laptop...

I contacted tech support and after quite a few messages what I know:

My silver warranty covers just the labour part. Because I am not in the UK thats create a dilemma for me.
I can purchase just the piece and find someone to fix it for me here.(I don´t know if I could find the piece if not buying from PCS) maybe I could try it. I may risk the rest of the warranty if something goes wrong. Is this a delicate repair?

I can pay to send it and then they would evaluate and tell me the price. This could take 3 weeks plus the 6/8 days of the laptop journey...quite a long time

Someone has been in this situation?
I also feel that is a chasis fault, anyone has this hinge problem?
May be problematic for the other hinge let the laptop like that for a while?

I was searching in the forum to try to know my chasis and I found a lot of interesting information as well (the gaming center download so now I can regulate the keyboard light with the FN keys and other things I need to learn about the temperatures, maybe a fix for my WIFI also fails sometimes etc )

I have my laptop plugged almost all the time I use it (lot of hours) because the battery was lasting less dan 1 hour when I bought it and now less than 30 minutes. It is bad to have it plugged all the time? Is there any way to recalibrate it or those are miths?

Thanks!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Your silver warranty is dead now in any case, it covers only back to base shipping and parts for the first year. You are still covered by the three year labour warranty but you'll have to pay to send the laptop to and from PCS in the UK and pay for any parts that need to be replaced.

It may be cheaper to have it repaired locally by a PC repair shop. If you go down that route though you will likely invalidate the remainder of the 3 year labour warranty (which you might not mind since there's not that much of it left). I very much doubt that PCS would just supply the part without having actually seen the laptop.

In your position I would get it fixed locally or live with it.

User31

Your silver warranty is dead now in any case, it covers only back to base shipping and parts for the first year. You are still covered by the three year labour warranty but you'll have to pay to send the laptop to and from PCS in the UK and pay for any parts that need to be replaced.

It may be cheaper to have it repaired locally by a PC repair shop. If you go down that route though you will likely invalidate the remainder of the 3 year labour warranty (which you might not mind since there's not that much of it left). I very much doubt that PCS would just supply the part without having actually seen the laptop.

In your position I would get it fixed locally or live with it.

Thanks for you reply,
Yes, I am inclined to do that, you are right.

They told me: "If the technician where you live damages the machine when repairing it then yes that would effect the warranty." For that my question about if this may be a delicate repair.

Anyway... even if I lost the rest of the "labour" time I had... is not like a big lost (taking in consideration that is not convenient at all for any further repair I might need).

About the part supply, they had made an order of the piece in my account for me (After I sent some photos), so I guess they may do it. And when I contacted a repair shop here, they told me they can´t get the piece, I made aswell some searching and I just found some Tongfang batteries... Maybe doesn´t need to be the original piece...who knows. I would contact another technician to see what they say.

I am afraid If I live with it some day the other hinge would collapse and it would be worst...

Thanks again for you time, have a great day.