Wanting ideas for editing laptop

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
I'm looking for ideas for a spec for a laptop purely to do editing, using things like Adobe Photoshop, Premier Pro and After Effects. Initial budget up to £1k. Could pay a bit more but don't want to pay more than I need to.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm looking for ideas for a spec for a laptop purely to do editing, using things like Adobe Photoshop, Premier Pro and After Effects. Initial budget up to £1k. Could pay a bit more but don't want to pay more than I need to.
For those kinds of tasks you really as beefy a GPU as you can afford, and RTX as a minimum die to the tensor cores as all those packages benefit from hardware acceleration.

As such, the budget is too low really, you're looking around £1500 for something very entry level, more like £2500 for something capable.

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
I thought that might be the case. It's for my son and he was previously using the same software on a desktop he bought around 9 years ago so I was hoping it might not be too bad. I think he would be prepared to put extra money towards this but I will have to have a talk with him about it. Thanks. 🙂

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I thought that might be the case. It's for my son and he was previously using the same software on a desktop he bought around 9 years ago so I was hoping it might not be too bad. I think he would be prepared to put extra money towards this but I will have to have a talk with him about it. Thanks. 🙂
No problem.

Laptop gpu's are less powerful than desktop counterparts, same as CPU's as they're lower power to counteract higher temperatures.

Plus they're not upgradeable in the same way.

So it's best to go all out with a laptop to increase it's longevity.