Warranty&Upgrades

Sweeney47

Just curious when it comes to the warranty, Having read the warranty I am allowed to open the case and can install new components etc but if I remove components I breach the warranty.

Say if in 2 years time I want to update my graphics card (which would require removing the current one) is there a facility whereby I can send my PC to you to upgrade my graphics card, therefore, not voiding my warranty?

I shouldn't need to but just wondering ;)

steveuk87

Super Star
aslong as you install it properly and it doesnt screw with your PC your fine :p haha PCS says you can add hardware and open your case all you want but if a defect comes apparent due to the addition of said hardware then the warrenty is void.. As for sending it off, i wouldnt know guess you will have to wait for an answer/speak on telephone/live chat on their website.. best option rather than waiting tbh.

Steve

Gorman

Author Level
aslong as you install it properly and it doesnt screw with your PC your fine :p haha PCS says you can add hardware and open your case all you want but if a defect comes apparent due to the addition of said hardware then the warrenty is void.. As for sending it off, i wouldnt know guess you will have to wait for an answer/speak on telephone/live chat on their website.. best option rather than waiting tbh.

Steve

Steve speaks truth, theres is no need to send it in to upgrade the GPU.

Sweeney47

I read in the warranty that removing any of the components would void the warranty so if I remove my current card to add the new one it would void it. Info below:

"Unlike with most computer manufacturers, we allow you to open your case and install your own components without voiding your warranty providing that:

* You understand that if the actions of the person installing the components cause damage to the computer, your warranty will be void.
* You understand that if the components you install cause problems with your computer, your warranty will be void.
* You understand that we will in no way support you installing your own compnents or with any problems you have relating to the compnents you have installed.
* You understand that we have over 30 different measures in place to detect if a component has been moved/removed and if you have moved/removed a component, your warranty will be void. You are only entitled to add extra components to your computer.

Basically, if you add a component to your computer and all goes well, you will still have a warranty. In any other circumstance, your warranty will be void.

If you are unclear about anything, or wish to discuss any possible loop-holes, please call us before you make any changes to your computer configuration. "

Gorman

Author Level
Its detailing that if the machine has had a new component put in that causes a problem then your warranty is void. For example you fit a new card incorrectly and start a little fire.

Adding new hardware is not going to affect your warranty unless it goes horribly, horribly wrong.

Sweeney47

what about this bit though "if a component has been moved/removed and if you have moved/removed a component, your warranty will be void"

The way in interpret it is that if I buy it as it is now with one card but later down the line I decided to add another card and crossfire it... thats fine as long as as you say it doesnt catch fire. But if I remove the current card and add another it voids...

What Im after basically is a way to upgrade my PC whilst securing my warranty should an issue arise with the new hardware... if that makes sense. From what you're saying, the only way to 100% keep your warranty is to not upgrade which is fine as this PC should last until the warranty goes easily. Was just curious, thanks for your help ;)

Gorman

Author Level
* You understand that we have over 30 different measures in place to detect if a component has been moved/removed and if you have moved/removed a component, your warranty will be void. You are only entitled to add extra components to your computer.

The way we apply this is that we can tell if things have been changed, so if you put a new card in, that card is not covered by us. And if theres damage caused by the card its not covered by us.

A large section of our customers at one point will upgrade / replace something and as long as theres no damage it wont affect your warranty. Honest guv.

Sweeney47

Ok so what would happen if the following scenario occured:

I decide to upgrade my graphics card, I remove the old card and put in a new one. 6 months after this my power supply dies (unrelated to the updated graphics card). I send my PC back to you and even though the graphics card has been changed and the problem is with another component you will still fix/replace the PSU.

OR because the graphics card has been changed, you are not obligated to fix the PSU?

Gorman

Author Level
We fix it.

We are not in the insurance business :D We don't use loopholes and technicalities to save a few bob.

We want your PC to work and will look after the machine for the warranty period, fixing any manufacturing faults.

Then we want you to come back and buy another ;)

Sweeney47

ok well thats excellent, thanks for your time and information and for having a decent warranty service that seems to understand that pc hardware evolves ;)

Sweeney47

Hitman symbol ;) Big fan of those game, they're not the best games out there but can be a huge amount of fun. Its where "Sweeney47" comes from because you play Agent 47 and my surname is Sweeney... un-suprisingly I've never got a "this username is already in use" with it :D

But the symbol is cool