Watched ' The Revenant ' yesterday .

PeterW

Bronze Level Poster
I was staying at Inverness over the weekend as my son is studying for his ' Higher ' Drama so I decided to take in a film - ' The Revenant ' was showing so off I went .
Without giving anything away , - it was superb with plenty use of wide angled lens and panoramic shots , the acting and photography were worthy of awards .

Highly Recommended .

gunsch

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah i would recommend downgrading the cpu on that movie and going for a better graphics card, gives better cinema performance.

I watched this on a plane to China. I have to say I wasn't as impressed by it as some people seem to be, but Leonardo Di Caprio certainly gave a stellar performance

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm with Jade, DI Caprio utterly failed to convince me he was a tough and rugged mountain man. That Best Actor award was a fiddle. Fabulous cinematography though.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm with Jade, DI Caprio utterly failed to convince me he was a tough and rugged mountain man. That Best Actor award was a fiddle. Fabulous cinematography though.

Mate, after going through what he did with the bear I think he deserves a good stiff drink more than an Oscar!

mishra

Rising Star
Bear scene was CGI anyway. I mean there was an actor in "blue" costume pretending to be bear.
I also found Revenant to be nice to watch but not sure why Leo got an Oscar for it. He barely said couple sentences throughout the whole movie! ... and the ending was a complete let down. Beginning and middle part of the movie was top notch. Awesome work with camera and scenery!
All-in-all decent movie, except the questionable ending. Leo was ... well fine. But then he was so much better in other movies... yet with no Oscar there.

ISjake

Bear scene was CGI anyway. I mean there was an actor in "blue" costume pretending to be bear.
I also found Revenant to be nice to watch but not sure why Leo got an Oscar for it. He barely said couple sentences throughout the whole movie! ... and the ending was a complete let down. Beginning and middle part of the movie was top notch. Awesome work with camera and scenery!
All-in-all decent movie, except the questionable ending. Leo was ... well fine. But then he was so much better in other movies... yet with no Oscar there.

Perhaps he got an Oscar EXACTLY because he only said a couple of sentences throughout the whole movie?

What I mean is he managed to express everything that's going on without the use of words and, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what measures the true quality of an actor?

Sabalos

He got an Oscar because he suffered. The Academy can't resist someone who goes through hell for their shoot and comes out of it with anything resembling a decent film. After the set stories and whatnot that came out throughout the making of the Revenant, the only way he wasn't going to get an Oscar was if he was mauled by another bear on the way to the ceremony.

DEK

Having just read the book and been underwhelmed by it, I don't think I'll be watching the film. Leo is not one of the actors I prefer to watch anyway, so no loss :yawn:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Having just read the book and been underwhelmed by it, I don't think I'll be watching the film. Leo is not one of the actors I prefer to watch anyway, so no loss :yawn:

Sacrilege! I want Leo's man-babies, that may be a personal thing though.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I switched the movie off, it just did nothing for me. The cinematography was nice, but there's only so much of that you can look at and enjoy before it becomes a bit samey.

I'm a huge fan of DiCaprio as an actor, not so much in this film though. Wolf of Wall Street though, that's a performance!

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
That bit where he's trying to get to the car when he's on ludes is one of the funniest things ever!

I like the bit after that...where he's talking about how he made the drive back all safe and sound then the cops turn up to ask about his smashed up motor and crazy ass driving

Royston

I like the bit after that...where he's talking about how he made the drive back all safe and sound then the cops turn up to ask about his smashed up motor and crazy ass driving

Also this movie has on of the best long takes. I love it!

Last edited: