Ways to light up my case?

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
Currently my rig only has the standard red LED fan that comes standard on the cm storm enforcer and the blue LED on my jetstream 780 (it lights up the sticker on my psu, great -_-). I wanted to bring the inside of my case to life and make having the window worthwhile, I was planning on buying a 200mm red LED fan to mount on the roof of my case which will hopefully light up to show off my ram/cpu block and the annoyingly dark corsair pipes (I like red...)

So my question is will the fan be enough alone or would I be better off buying LED strips aswell? And will having no dust filters on the roof cause problems for a large exhaust fan?

Corfate

Author Level
I have some of the NZXT sleeved cable's, with white LED's. They do a great job, but if you want it to be properly lit up, get two of them. Mine atm aren't bright enough to show the whole of the 500r :)

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
thanks for the replies will definitely check out the NZXT stuff, is it worth getting another LED fan aswell or not? Also if I bought an LED strip how do I mount/secure it (cable ties, using screws or something else)?

baron75mk2

Banned
The NZXT LED strip comes with a double sided sticky tape type thing on the led strip , just stick it on with this .

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I have only just seen this, but would reccomend nothing but the NZXT HUE LED Controller.

Click the link in my sig for pics!

Honestly, wont be disappointed if you are wanting lighting.

Note, avoid cathodes. They do work, but are a little out of date now. Always come with inverters that can get very warm. So best avoided in my opinion.

baron75mk2

Banned
I have only just seen this, but would reccomend nothing but the NZXT HUE LED Controller.

Click the link in my sig for pics!

Honestly, wont be disappointed if you are wanting lighting.

Note, avoid cathodes. They do work, but are a little out of date now. Always come with inverters that can get very warm. So best avoided in my opinion.

Yep !! thats the one i have , great little piece of kit & doesnt cost the earth :D