Webcam for streaming

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
My youngest son wants to dip his toes into streaming his Fortnite gaming, so he's asked for a few bits and bobs for his birthday.

I've got the mic he wanted and a light but i wondered if anyone had any suggestions for a USB webcam?

Don't want to spend a fortune on it but it needs to have decent quality.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hiya, what ballpark budget?

Proper streaming cams are obviously much higher quality than a normal webcam, looking in the £100 upwards mark.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is regarded very highly for proper streaming, and actually is quite reasonably priced for how high end it is (I’m sure it would be cheaper somewhere like amazon)

Logitech StreamCam:

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Should've put a budget (genuinely thought I had) but up to around £100 is ok. Less if I can, of course :)

I'll check out the two you guys have suggested - thank you.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Thanks guys - the C920 HD Pro looks ideal for him. It's well within budget and seems to pack most of the features of the C922 without the hefty price tag. I don't mind paying for quality but if this is a flash in the pan, I'd prefer not to break the bank at this early stage.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks guys - the C920 HD Pro looks ideal for him. It's well within budget and seems to pack most of the features of the C922 without the hefty price tag. I don't mind paying for quality but if this is a flash in the pan, I'd prefer not to break the bank at this early stage.
That’s a good plan, try him out with that to test if he wants to go full flog. I think the Logitech’s are generally very good.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Dammit... tried to buy a C920 on Amazon @ £45 not thinking anything of it. One in stock but when you try to buy "none in stock" and the price suddenly jumps to £199... hmm... will keep looking then.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dammit... tried to buy a C920 on Amazon @ £45 not thinking anything of it. One in stock but when you try to buy "none in stock" and the price suddenly jumps to £199... hmm... will keep looking then.
£90 actually from Logitech, seems to be about the best deal I can see

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Logitech says in stock @ Amazon and Currys - neither have stock. Lordy, who knew it'd be this difficult?! lol