Webcam recommendations for Skyping on Win10? 'Creative Live! Vista IM' webcam no longer supported :(

CMStorm

Bronze Level Poster
Cheap usb webcam needed for work video conferencing. Popular subject I should imagine?

I have just found out that my old Creative Live! Vista IM webcam is redundant. No drivers available. 'End Of Service Life' beyond Windows XP I read.👾

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Any of the Logitech’s are a safe bet, amazon stocks them all, going to be best quality in the budget range I would say.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

CMStorm

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you. Yep, that's the kind of thing I wanted. Although I naively thought I could get a webcam for £20 these days. But they've gone all fancy.

I see both Logitech and Amazon are out of stock for the C270. We are seeing who the winners are in lockdown.

Looks like I might have to swap Firefox for Chrome too. I was always told Firefox was best in the past decade but perhaps that is no longer true.

A mate just emailed me a browser test for Teams and I had no button to come off mute for him. But troubleshooting my old gaming Plantronics 655 headset on Win10 revealed my microphone no longer works. Jeez!

CMStorm

Bronze Level Poster
Logitech. Out of stock at Currys and Argos too. A shame because it reportedly has a decent 1.5m usb cable length too.

Oh.

Microsoft LifeCam HD3000, unavailable.

Everyone else has had the same idea it seems. I am a bit late to this party.

Last edited:

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
The problem is all this home working.

Amazon seem to have a few generic ones but they won't ship for several weeks.

I had to turn to ebay to get one this week.

CMStorm

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you for the suggestions. Seriously. Very useful.

I have a deadline unfortunately to buy one, so can't wait on a maybe from a supplier. Plus, I have a very limited budget now.

Gosh, for these products on Amazon, I see there are PAGES of Q&A just in the last week!!

I am now hoping to borrow one from a friend who can't stay in his office.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
You're welcome. Sorry it couldn't help. On the plus side, when things start to return to normal you should see stock levels up and prices down.

CMStorm

Bronze Level Poster
Successful. Borrowed two webcams. :cool:

FYI to others. Black screen in Skype?? YOU MAY NEED TO RESTART SKYPE AND/OR YOUR PC for the camera to be recognised!