Weird Keyboard Turning Off

phil_c64

Hello,

Just wondered if I could get some advice as been having a v strange issue. Every now and then the keyboard appears to go "numb". By that I mean the keys don't work. Can have worked for 6 hrs before. The solution so far is to press the left alt key then the rest of the keyboard works again.

I've noticed sometimes then I have my palms on the chassis too hard it turns the keyboard off.

I replaced the top panel chassis as it was warped up a bit around the touchpad and thought putting pressure on might be causing the issue. It appears better but not fixed. The keyboard is plugged in fine as far as I'm aware.

The next step I was going to do was replace the keyboard but just wondered before I do if others have heard of this or similar issues or have any suggestions?

I will try drivers but am confused as to why Alt seemingly appears to temp fix issue until next time. It could break 2 minutes later or 2 weeks.

It's Win10 64b Pro, Clevo W355SS Chassis.

Many thanks for any help.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hello,

Just wondered if I could get some advice as been having a v strange issue. Every now and then the keyboard appears to go "numb". By that I mean the keys don't work. Can have worked for 6 hrs before. The solution so far is to press the left alt key then the rest of the keyboard works again.

I've noticed sometimes then I have my palms on the chassis too hard it turns the keyboard off.

I replaced the top panel chassis as it was warped up a bit around the touchpad and thought putting pressure on might be causing the issue. It appears better but not fixed. The keyboard is plugged in fine as far as I'm aware.

The next step I was going to do was replace the keyboard but just wondered before I do if others have heard of this or similar issues or have any suggestions?

I will try drivers but am confused as to why Alt seemingly appears to temp fix issue until next time. It could break 2 minutes later or 2 weeks.

It's Win10 64b Pro, Clevo W355SS Chassis.

Many thanks for any help.

I've highlighted what, for me, are the key points here.

That the keyboard goes 'dead' when you press on the chassis strongly suggests some sort of hardware issue.

How badly 'warped' was the top panel? Did it arrive like that from PCS?

Keyboards are a relatively cheap component in most laptops and can often be bought online. In your position I would replace the keyboard because that would seem the most likely culprit.

phil_c64

Thanks, Ubuysa, I've replaced the top chassis panel so it's not warped but it's still doing it.
It didn't come like this from PCS.
New keyboard I think.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks, Ubuysa, I've replaced the top chassis panel so it's not warped but it's still doing it.
It didn't come like this from PCS.
New keyboard I think.
You can contact PCS for replacement keyboards, they may be able to help, will likely have some in stock at least.