Weird markings in pipes

Lucasgeo

Hi all, attached is a picture of some odd markings that I've just noticed in my Liquid Series PC pipes. Does anyone recognise this or have any idea of what it might be? I had the Liquid Series Service Pack done back in April after some issues with leaking, so I hope it's not another problem. I have the clear flexible tubing by the way.

Thanks,
Lucas.

Image-1.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Looks to me like stains building up on the innards of the tubing. As far as I know there’s not an awful lot you can do about it, apart from replacing the tubing.

I may be wrong, be interested to see if there’s any other answers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How long since buying it did you have the servicing done?

Just wondering as it's possible it's a build up of custom loop gunk which happens over time. Regular flushing is done to avoid this.

It's especially common on soft tube setups. There's a good article here by Hardware Canucks:

Lucasgeo

Hi all, the markings are starting to appear more significantly now and they're beginning to appear on other tubes too. Is this something to worry about?
I've attached a picture of it under close light.

Thanks,
Lucas.
SNAP_20210801-174436.jpeg

scarpa1

Enthusiast
If they replaced the liquid in April it shouldn't be staining the tubes already. According to the service pack they flush the whole system, replace the tubing, fittings and fluid

Are the markings permanent, in the same place all the time? Can't really tell from the pics but its looks more like the fluid isn't mixed together properly and has started to separate.

I've had my liquid series since November and there are no real visible markings on the tubing apart from the odd very small mark here and there, mine is a clear UV liquid though, coloured ones do mark quicker I think.

Edit, April 2021 or 2020? the service was done.

Last edited:

Lucasgeo

If they replaced the liquid in April it shouldn't be staining the tubes already. According to the service pack they flush the whole system, replace the tubing, fittings and fluid
Yeah this is what I'm confused about too. The tubing should be brand-new, and before the service no marks appeared.

Are the markings permanent, in the same place all the time? Can't really tell from the pics but its looks more like the fluid isn't mixed together properly and has started to separate.
The markings are permanent and don't move, I think it's an issue with the tubes.

April 2021 or 2020? the service was done.
2021. It's been fine for the past few months but I noticed those odd markings a few weeks ago and they've just slowly grown.

Thanks for your reply :)

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I notice a lot of foam building up in your pipes in the last image, this will show off the markings more so. I would definitely get in touch with our team to look at replacing this tube and potentially having a look at the pump operation too as this may be causing the foaming.