Wet behind the ears

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's an ultrawide, you really need a Superwide or 4k 144Hz with the 3080, so something like this for superwide:

Or this for 4k:

3080 is top tier, so monitors to match it are top tier and will cost significantly more than lesser resolutions.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Very nice monitor! Read a couple of reviews where it was highly rated. But you can still push the screen width further... (y)

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
That's an ultrawide, you really need a Superwide or 4k 144Hz with the 3080, so something like this for superwide:

Or this for 4k:

3080 is top tier, so monitors to match it are top tier and will cost significantly more than lesser resolutions.

I looked at the Samsung, beauty of a monitor, just don't have the room....sadly....though we are planning some changes to the house....hmmm

What would the Samsung be like to play FPS games on, or would the ability to change screen layout affect gameplay?? As in gameplay in middle, twitch on right and twitter on left?? would the game still play buttery smooth??

Seems the 3080 is WAY ahead of monitors at the moment, each time I put in super wide or 4k 144hz it just comes back with basically same options!!

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Very nice monitor! Read a couple of reviews where it was highly rated. But you can still push the screen width further... (y)

lol aye, its the room for it thats the killer, though I may rejig the house!! The Samsung that Spyder says is lovely, but 49" its almost the same width as my Panny...and when I look at that and imagine a cut down height version on my desk it just blows the head lol

But I am tempted I must admit, just not sure how it would be for gaming at that width lol.....got to love us newbies eh

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
lol aye, its the room for it thats the killer, though I may rejig the house!! The Samsung that Spyder says is lovely, but 49" its almost the same width as my Panny...and when I look at that and imagine a cut down height version on my desk it just blows the head lol

But I am tempted I must admit, just not sure how it would be for gaming at that width lol.....got to love us newbies eh

If you're playing something like Flight Sim or Euro Truck it'd be incredible! And if you preferred a smaller screen for your first person shooters you can manually change the screen size, you'll just have some black borders at the edges. Having experienced ultrawide, I wouldn't go back and will definitely be looking at superwide when the time comes for me to upgrade :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I looked at the Samsung, beauty of a monitor, just don't have the room....sadly....though we are planning some changes to the house....hmmm

What would the Samsung be like to play FPS games on, or would the ability to change screen layout affect gameplay?? As in gameplay in middle, twitch on right and twitter on left?? would the game still play buttery smooth??

Seems the 3080 is WAY ahead of monitors at the moment, each time I put in super wide or 4k 144hz it just comes back with basically same options!!
There are basically 2 superwides currently:

The ultimate is the new Samsung G9 which is 240Hz so plenty of room to grow:

or the older one above which is 120Hz.

They'd both be amazing for gaming, you can quite happily game on the entire screen in most newer games including FPS. Even if you did play bordered and have it only taking up a portion of the screen, it would still look incredible. The monitor also has multiple inputs so you can do multiple displays on the one display.

There are loads of 4k 144Hz options out there though:

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
So I've managed to smooth the wife over in relation to the gaming monitor, its cost me a new corner couch and "cuddle chair (yay)"

So planning the Samsung G9 beast, but everywhere I go its either out of stock or a pre-order, its obviously out as there have been loads of youtube videos about it, I've watched most of them, so with a little research it turns out that there seems to be an issue between case and screen, where it was coming apart, due to heat!! Now Samsung haven't said anything, but have stopped supplying them but found this video;

Have any of you guys heard anything about this monitor? If there is an issue is it worth waiting to get? or do you have a recommendation for an identical replacement, around same price as doubt better half will move much further....The 4K predator got shot right out the window lol

Guidance as alway appreciated and taken onboard

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
The G9 would be an excellent choice....unfortunately, they temporarily halted production last month due to, I believe, an issue with light bleed. The screen is definitely worth waiting for given it's 240Hz refresh rate but no idea on when they will be back in production/for sale.

There is the older model which is a mere 120Hz if the wait is too long:

G9 120Hz

Cheers man, Seeing as I have a little wait for the 3080 to become purchasable I will hold off and see what news comes for the G9, hopefully some news before the end of the month, when I'm due back, but not gonna hold my breath, the hope is between the time I order my PC as per Spydertracks recommended spec, guessing there will be a few weeks between order and delivery, then the G9 will have overcome the issue and be back in play.

Be a shame having to use my Benq rl2455 for the beast that Spyder has put together until the G9 becomes available, or a similar spec replacement for the G9

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, fingers crossed we will hear something soon.

As to a similar spec replacement, currently I don't believe there is another Superwide that runs at 240Hz (as far as I know anyway)....Samsung are way ahead of the curve
The old G9 is still a fantastic monitor, the new one just takes an already awesome design and sends it into the stratosphere.

I'm quietly optimistic it will be on general release by end of september, I would have thought they'd want to tie it in with the RTX launch also as they really do pair perfectly together.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
The old G9 is still a fantastic monitor, the new one just takes an already awesome design and sends it into the stratosphere.

I'm quietly optimistic it will be on general release by end of september, I would have thought they'd want to tie it in with the RTX launch also as they really do pair perfectly together.

So tomorrow is the release date for the build you recommend, so was having a quick squint but notice the case is no longer on the list.

Does it matter the type of case, if so can you recommend a replacement?

Where I am internet is horrendous but still look to get this beast ordered tomorrow so it’s delivered by time I get home.

Still looking for the G9 to come back to the fro, but see it’s not out again as yet, may have to get a cheap one at moment to see me through as benq I have had no display port, and of course is not a suitable long term monitor for this build.

Any guidance appreciated

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So tomorrow is the release date for the build you recommend, so was having a quick squint but notice the case is no longer on the list.

Does it matter the type of case, if so can you recommend a replacement?

Where I am internet is horrendous but still look to get this beast ordered tomorrow so it’s delivered by time I get home.

Still looking for the G9 to come back to the fro, but see it’s not out again as yet, may have to get a cheap one at moment to see me through as benq I have had no display port, and of course is not a suitable long term monitor for this build.

Any guidance appreciated
The corsair icue 465 would be worthwhile.

The G9 is apparently available on Amazon, they'll go very quick though so I'd get in there asap:

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
The corsair icue 465 would be worthwhile.

The G9 is apparently available on Amazon, they'll go very quick though so I'd get in there asap:

Do you sleep lol

Cheers for that mate, much appreciated

Amazon must have been recently, looked a couple of days back but nowt, but then internet here is woeful with sometimes 20-30mins to load a page!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do you sleep lol

Cheers for that mate, much appreciated

Amazon must have been recently, looked a couple of days back but nowt, but then internet here is woeful with sometimes 20-30mins to load a page!!!
I'm struggling to sleep tonight, can't settle down at all, bit wired o_O

I think those amazon listings only went live today apparently, so you've checked it at the right time!

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
I'm struggling to sleep tonight, can't settle down at all, bit wired o_O

I think those amazon listings only went live today apparently, so you've checked it at the right time!

My excuse for this time is nightshift ‘doh’

Yeah seems planets are aligning for this PC build lol

Cheers for all your help, it’s a minefield for the likes of me lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Samsung G9 ordered, they will email with a delivery date!!

They must be coming back soon if amazon has gone live with orders, so hopefully not too long.
Amazing, congratulations, I’m so jealous although will be joining you next year! Simply THE BEST monitor on the market atm and ever quite frankly! That’s going to blow you away!

I’m betting it will be despatched tomorrow, I’d expect it Thursday.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
Amazing, congratulations, I’m so jealous although will be joining you next year! Simply THE BEST monitor on the market atm and ever quite frankly! That’s going to blow you away! I’m betting it will be despatched tomorrow, I’d expect it Thursday.

Estimated delivery of the Samsung G9 is between 17th Sept and 19th Nov 😳 hopefully it will be sooner

Machine has been ordered but due to the slow internet down here I ended up having to get the H115 cooler (H100 out of stock already) and a larger case so it could fit, I’m guessing that won’t really make any difference.

Thanks for all your help with the guidance, now to find a good gaming mouse and keyboard.

Guilders

Silver Level Poster
The gaming case was the first one that could take the new cooler fan size, it was early hours and due to poor connection on the Wi-fi where I am, North Sea, I hope I didn’t make too hasty a decision.

CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The gaming case was the first one that could take the new cooler fan size, it was early hours and due to poor connection on the Wi-fi where I am, North Sea, I hope I didn’t make too hasty a decision.

CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
That’s a great case.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think the 680X is about the best performance case that PCS have. With appropriate fan consideration I can't think of a design that would fair any better overall so you have absolutely nailed it. The one downfall with the case is its size, but that's what adds to the performance characteristics.