What Are Some Good Sub £100 Headphones for "Gaming" and Listening to Audiophile Music

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
Got my pc ordered, picked out the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.
The last piece of the puzzle is GREAT set of headphones.
It's purely for indoor use, no portability or aesthetically pleasing looks necessary.
"Gaming Headphones" are probably overpriced, can't imagine there is anything value for money in that category.
Mics don't have to be good at all, wouldn't care if it wasn't there at all.
I listen to a lot of orchestra music, very little bass etc.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got my pc ordered, picked out the monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.
The last piece of the puzzle is GREAT set of headphones.
It's purely for indoor use, no portability or aesthetically pleasing looks necessary.
"Gaming Headphones" are probably overpriced, can't imagine there is anything value for money in that category.
Mics don't have to be good at all, wouldn't care if it wasn't there at all.
I listen to a lot of orchestra music, very little bass etc.
What’s your budget? These things range from £100 upwards.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Haha, my budget is £100.
Most people read the title and never look at the body, you seem to have done the opposite.
Ha ha, god man, I astound myself sometimes!

£100 is quite low for a good set that will engage musically also.

Reviews I’ve seen for the Corsair void pro are excellent, widely regarded as the best sub £100.
That’s from a purely gaming scenario though:

If you wanted to factor in music, you’d really need to up the budget, but the manufacturers to watch out for at the lower prices are sennheiser, Beyer Dynamic, and Sony.

Check out this guy, he does some awesome reviews on headphones and speakers as well as a few amps:

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Further comment:

The benefit of a "gaming headset" is usually the inbuilt sound processing to 5.1 or 7.1 "virtual surround". This is where it has an onboard sound card that does some clever jiggery pokery that will create the effect of surround sound. Nowadays they're very effective.

You can get "True" 5.1 in a headset where they actually have individual drivers for the speaker placement in each ear cup, these obviously cost a lot more, but are extremely good for gaming.

BUT, big spoiler if you're on windows 10, if you buy a normal set of stereo headphones, you'll find "Dolby Access" as an app in your programs. You can purchase that full package for under £15 which will give you the new Dolby Atmos certified surround effect. You can trial it for a short period for free to see if it suits you.

EDIT: and it appears I was dead wrong about finding gaming and musically oriented headsets at that budget, Joshua Valour has steered me right!

mishra

Rising Star
I game on my old trusted ath-m50x and these are superb for music and also for gaming. However, they can get your ears quite "warm" after few hours of constant action. Knowing this I would get maybe open-back headphones like grado sr80e. It's difficult to advise on gaming purely as ... I buy headphones for music first and just use them for gaming.

Downside is that no built in mic and no fancy 5.1, 7.1 features... but then hey I only have 2 ears so stereo is good enough :)

I found my astro a10's I used for a good while before I upgraded to astro a50's the astro a10's are £60 and have a 4.5-5 star review in most places

Shepard

Enthusiast
I personally use the LS30 from LucidSound and am very happy. After two years the fake-leather-cover came off on the left ear, but that's not a big issue for me. Once I lost the microphone for it and got a new one for free through their facebook support! It works with my PC, TV, PS4 and Xbox One X without a hitch.

Please be aware, that this is just me, not the company speaking.