What are the best vr headsets to look for current year?

Metalhead4ever

Bronze Level Poster
I was looking at oculus quest 2, I don't have many games to play, mind just the room vr, myst vr and half life. What's the best option?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was looking at oculus quest 2, I don't have many games to play, mind just the room vr, myst vr and half life. What's the best option?
Oculus Quest 2 is currently probably the best value headset.

Best performance is a toss up between the Valve Index and HP Reverb G2 I'd say but they're both substantially more expensive.

But Apple are just about to announce their first (professional) headset in June which I think is going to shake up the market. It's not designed for gamers, but I have a feeling a lot of the PC headsets will be refreshed / renewed off the back of it.

That coupled with the new PSVR2 headset has really put pressure on the PC headset market which was sorely needed.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The Apple one is interesting VR is becoming a big thing in engineering where clients can take a "walk" around proposals. Architects are making real good use of it too in the same kind of thing. It's pretty incredible to be honest, with scans of existing buildings you can measure out where you want things to be without actually having to physically be on site and it's really accurate to a 1mm to 2mm allowance

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
And thieves can scout an area without needing to set foot in a building thus reducing the chances of being spotted doing a recce ;)

Forumpass hides the security, nothing to see here :D

PSVR2 is easily the best value right now. I'm hoping it's going to get a driver for PC, it'll swallow up the market as it stands right now. Other than that the pick of the litter, as suggested, is the Index and The HP

Index if you want FOV, HP if you want better clarity. I've got the Index but I would happily have had the HP as well. I'll be getting the PSVR2 if it becomes available though.

Metalhead4ever

Bronze Level Poster
Oculus Quest 2 is currently probably the best value headset.

Best performance is a toss up between the Valve Index and HP Reverb G2 I'd say but they're both substantially more expensive.

But Apple are just about to announce their first (professional) headset in June which I think is going to shake up the market. It's not designed for gamers, but I have a feeling a lot of the PC headsets will be refreshed / renewed off the back of it.

That coupled with the new PSVR2 headset has really put pressure on the PC headset market which was sorely needed.
Whats a life span of a Vr headset these days.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Whats a life span of a Vr headset these days.
TBH, I wouldn't buy now as I do think all the existing PC headsets will be outdated by Septemberish time

But they're really good as long as you don't get the itch to upgrade to a newer technology.

I had my first gen HTC Vive for about 5 years I think but that was quite inferior to the current ones.