what are these good for ? :S

Gorman

Author Level
HTPC's? aww cmon man its a pc for your tv!

Using win 7 and media centre / play to = direct streaming from main pc and film collection.

Web browser = youtube etc
Blu ray player
Gaming (sort of)
with a tv card record shows etc

All sorts of stuff, also people sometimes get them due to space restrictions when they just want a small web browser etc.

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
ohhhh that kinda sucks :D i assume thats why this is the first thread in this section

seems like a laptop powered and sized desktop

Gorman

Author Level
Some do have laptop components like the optical drive etc. They are quite popular though, more of a home user thing than a techy who is liable to be on a forum thing!

jonathan

Bronze Level Poster
Some do have laptop components like the optical drive etc. They are quite popular though, more of a home user thing than a techy who is liable to be on a forum thing!

i see.... btw how big is your brain ? i imagine something like this !
gorman.jpg

LDUK

Master Poster
HTPC's? aww cmon man its a pc for your tv!

Using win 7 and media centre / play to = direct streaming from main pc and film collection.

Web browser = youtube etc
Blu ray player
Gaming (sort of)
with a tv card record shows etc

All sorts of stuff, also people sometimes get them due to space restrictions when they just want a small web browser etc.

Gaming, seriously? What, can you cram a GPU in there lol.

Meds

In some chassis you can fit dedicated graphics card, but we don't sell these. Ours are aimed more towards the media centre side.

Plus it depends what you class as gaming - miniclip? :p

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Also, if you want a PC to browse the internet, emails, and general usage, pretty much anything except gaming/video editing, a mini PC is the ideal solution. They're tiny, silent, stylish and energy-efficient :D

LDUK

Master Poster
HA HA lmao. Fair enough. I'm pretty sure the Rig I'm getting will be well suited for a media center as well as a gaming monster lol.

Sleinous

Author Level
Gaming, seriously? What, can you cram a GPU in there lol.

I measured the room inside a work colleaques mini PC, there was JUST enough room for a GTX 470, obviously id need to upgrade PSU, and the bus was only PCIe x16 1.0 standard, but still, would have worked. Maybe a little bit of bottleknecking at the CPU but meh.

LDUK

Master Poster
I measured the room inside a work colleaques mini PC, there was JUST enough room for a GTX 470, obviously id need to upgrade PSU, and the bus was only PCIe x16 1.0 standard, but still, would have worked. Maybe a little bit of bottleknecking at the CPU but meh.

Seriously, I would not advise that lol. May as well put petrol in it and set it on fire lmao.

Araneidae

I have a smaller lower spec machine than this which acts as my networking hub. Runs my SMTP mail server, local DNS and DHCP, and external SSH -- this last means I can connect from work and securely administer any other home machine. Runs Linux, of course!

Sleinous

Author Level
Seriously, I would not advise that lol. May as well put petrol in it and set it on fire lmao.

I thought itd be a fun experiment lol, better still whip out the dual core + mobo and put an intel atom in there lmao, then you can give a whole new meaning to the word bottleknecking lol