What are you driving at the moment?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Currently driving a Volvo V90 Cross Country but been waiting on a new Audi eTron at moment - still waiting for a confirmed build date / delivery time - been waiting 3 months already, expecting it about March.

[emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoggyuk

Bronze Level Poster
Staff member
5D1DCFEA-5E8B-437B-9B84-E8B6364B1FD9.jpeg

Had this beast since March, lease is up shortly and looking for a MK3 RS.

dad wagon is a Seat Leon 150 FR.

out of all the cars I’ve owned (7 in the last 5 years), I miss my 208 GTI BPS the most, completely unreliable but so much fun sitting on a stage 2+ tune and zipping around B roads.

the C63 drives like a boat but the V8 biturbo sounds insane, just a touch on the boring side.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Best drivers car I've ever owned is the Mk2 MR2 Turbo. That thing needs you switched on just to drive to the shops!

Gavras

Master Poster
View attachment 20716
Had this beast since March, lease is up shortly and looking for a MK3 RS.

dad wagon is a Seat Leon 150 FR.

out of all the cars I’ve owned (7 in the last 5 years), I miss my 208 GTI BPS the most, completely unreliable but so much fun sitting on a stage 2+ tune and zipping around B roads.

the C63 drives like a boat but the V8 biturbo sounds insane, just a touch on the boring side.
Looks great, we had one as a pool car at work, fun for trips up to Anglesey.

the sound of a V8 is brilliant

my wife had both the 208 GTI Prestige (facelift) and a BPS as well (yep she had it modded as well) definite roller skates on back roads.

it’s not always about total BHP, but rather total useable BHP.

probably why I could not go back to RWD or FWD and will keep doing AWD.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
AWD has always been too predictable for me for a fun drive. I had an Evo V RS years back that I swear I could have driven in my sleep at 100MPH as it was so predictable. I'm very much an on the edge, in the RWD up the Applecross run in Skye kinda guy :D

I love the raw nuance of RWD driving over predictability. Practice makes perfect though so I can now hold my own with most. AWD understeer is the work of the devil.

Gavras

Master Poster
AWD has always been too predictable for me for a fun drive. I had an Evo V RS years back that I swear I could have driven in my sleep at 100MPH as it was so predictable. I'm very much an on the edge, in the RWD up the Applecross run in Skye kinda guy :D

I love the raw nuance of RWD driving over predictability. Practice makes perfect though so I can now hold my own with most. AWD understeer is the work of the devil.
i love RWD, had a raft of various BMW’s in UK and when living in Germany, however as power levels increased, it really became a pain trying to get power down consistently in anything other than dry. It’s a pain having a high bhp car and then drive it like miss daisy.

which is why I like the M changes to xdrive and ability to change power placement, the new GR Yaris looks like it will be very versatile because of similar engineering.

Our 340i Tourer was great but at 440bhp driving could elicit the odd erm surprising moment lol.

The R however, great in snow, rain and dry, visiting family up on Moray Firth and Black Isle or friends in Anglesey.

fun wise, and sheer terror on the same drive, that goes to a TVR we owned, or that owned us lol.

Gavras

Master Poster
hmmm...currently I'm driving my Mother nuts with some speaker cables running over the carpet covered with an old towel :eek: She helps me with my housework due to my physical issues and she is getting tired of moving the towel and cables every time the flat needs hoovering :ROFLMAO:
As it’s a car thread, at least your mother is not driving your nuts .....

dread to think about stick shifts.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My daily driver is/was an ancient BMW e46 330D M-Sport Touring Auto...but the gearbox has let go, so it's gone for spares/repair.

My other car is a BMW Z4MC that I retired from daily use a couple of years ago...once it hit 150,000 miles :p
It's still in use, but it mainly kept for weekends, trackdays, and trips to the Nurburgring.

wDmRybH.jpg

Sometimes looks clean like this...
Q7PpFJY.jpg

xLbCzfj.jpg

...but mostly looks dirty like this...
tLrI1Hh.jpg

lqio5Qi.jpg

5BqiEzg.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My daily driver is/was an ancient BMW e46 330D M-Sport Touring Auto...but the gearbox has let go, so it's gone for spares/repair.

My other car is a BMW Z4MC that I retired from daily use a couple of years ago...once it hit 150,000 miles :p
It's still in use, but it mainly kept for weekends, trackdays, and trips to the Nurburgring.

wDmRybH.jpg

Sometimes looks clean like this...
Q7PpFJY.jpg

xLbCzfj.jpg

...but mostly looks dirty like this...
tLrI1Hh.jpg

lqio5Qi.jpg

5BqiEzg.jpg
I love those cars!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
But it's not big...it's just kind of squished.....I always look at those and think "that bonnet is too long and the back has been hit by a lorry" followed by " what was the designer thinking...could've been a beautiful looking car and ends up looking weird"
I quite like the elongated front and crushed rear, reminds me of the old 80's firebirds which are one of my all time favorites:

1980-firebird-1.jpg

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You should try driving it then...the fact that you're almost sitting on the rear axle means that you've got no chance to catch it if it starts to slide...you've just got to provoke it and have the opposite lock already started ;)

It's also strange that they give you rear parking sensors when you can almost touch the rear window anyway, and can accurately gauge how far from anything you are, yet you can't see anything after the first half of the bonnet and there's no front parking sensors.

Gratuitous rear shot (it hadn't broken down, I was just saving fuel :cautious:):
4z2yBjS.jpg

Another, from a slightly different angle:
aZOiK6m.jpg

page25-1024-full.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You should try driving it then...the fact that you're almost sitting on the rear axle means that you've got no chance to catch it if it starts to slide...you've just got to provoke it and have the opposite lock already started ;)

It's also strange that they give you rear parking sensors when you can almost touch the rear window anyway, and can accurately gauge how far from anything you are, yet you can't see anything after the first half of the bonnet and there's no front parking sensors.

Gratuitous arse shot (it hadn't broken down, I was just saving fuel :cautious:):
4z2yBjS.jpg

Another, from a slightly different angle:
aZOiK6m.jpg

page25-1024-full.jpg
I may have to go to bed early tonight :ROFLMAO:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah, but the Firebird doesn't look like it's been in an accident with a heavy object! Anyhoo.....at least they aren't as bad as the rear-end on the newer Renault Meganes o_O

I know what you mean btw. It's not as bad as the Chrysler Crossfire though, from the side view that thing literally looked like a dog doing its business.