What are you driving at the moment?

Sonic1506

Bronze Level Poster
Manual! Now you're talking :D

As much as auto, nowadays at least, will always be that bit quicker.... it feels like most of the drive is automatic and there's little involvement. Holding the back end with a manual is so much easier too.

Thank you bud. It's quite rare, IIRC there's around 500 or so in the world in RHD and manual, even less in the UK.

Definitely more fun and engaging to drive :).

While on the point, my history of cars is as follows:

- Slammed VW Polo 6N2 (Slammed in the sense that it was as low as possible on coilovers).
- Seat Ibiza 6L Bass Car (The total sound system was about 2,400 Watts RMS, just under 5,000 Watts Peak).
- BMW 1 Series E87 (Air Ride, Custom 3pc splits (1 of two sets in the world I believe and only set to be on a BMW and custom RGB Quad Projector headlights (Only set to be made in the world I believe) as well as a few other modifications.
- BMW F80 M3 6MT (Current car with a few modifications :)).

Last edited:

Stephen M

Author Level
Been driving an EV for some time now but still there are times, especially pulling out into heavy traffic, I instinctively go for the gear stick.

Being lazy and living in a hilly area, it is nice not having to burn the clutch out waiting to pull away on a slope :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I went the opposite way and in the beginning, regularly stalled pulling up to junctions off of the motorway 😂

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thank you bud. It's quite rare, IIRC there's around 500 or so in the world in RHD and manual, even less in the UK.

Definitely more fun and engaging to drive :).

While on the point, my history of cars is as follows:

- Slammed VW Polo 6N2 (Slammed in the sense that it was as low as possible on coilovers).
- Seat Ibiza 6L Bass Car (The total sound system was about 2,400 Watts RMS, just under 5,000 Watts Peak).
- BMW 1 Series E87 (Air Ride, Custom 3pc splits (1 of two sets in the world I believe and only set to be on a BMW and custom RGB Quad Projector headlights (Only set to be made in the world I believe) as well as a few other modifications.
- BMW F80 M3 6MT (Current car with a few modifications :)).

Any pics?

I went:

Peugeot 309 GTE (zero mods)
Nissan Almera GT (Ice Install, 17" alloys)
Vauxhall Vectra SRi140 (18s, induction kit, Ice install)
Vauxhall Vectra SRi 130Td (18s, Induction Kit, custom dual exit exhaust, Ice install, BOV)
Mitsubishi Evo V RS (Ice Install)
Toyota Mk2 MR2 Turbo (Full Veilside kit, 18" alloys, BOV, decat, mild tune, custom interior & ice install)
Peugeot 106 Gti (Slammed, chipped, ported & polished) Daily runner while owning MR2
Toyota Supra MKIV RZ TT (Every mod under the sun I think, still have it)
Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (Bog standard replaced 106)
Ford Mondeo ST TDCi (Angel eye conversion, replaced Focus)
BMW 535D MSport (Remove Swirl Flaps, ECU tuned, replaced mondeo)
Ford Mondeo MkV Titanium X (Current daily, no mods)

Stephen M

Author Level
I was like that when I switched to automatic 4 years ago. Hoping my transition to full EV will be quite easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was never totally at home in automatics, far too clunky for me, although the kick down was very handy in a hilly area.

Took to the EV immediately, imagine an old style milk float with the acceleration of a SAAB. Really smooth and only one gear.

Was really surprised by the acceleration, the guy warned about being heavy footed and was right. We have a gravel drive and first up almost strafed the cat.

Sonic1506

Bronze Level Poster
Any pics?

I went:

Peugeot 309 GTE (zero mods)
Nissan Almera GT (Ice Install, 17" alloys)
Vauxhall Vectra SRi140 (18s, induction kit, Ice install)
Vauxhall Vectra SRi 130Td (18s, Induction Kit, custom dual exit exhaust, Ice install, BOV)
Mitsubishi Evo V RS (Ice Install)
Toyota Mk2 MR2 Turbo (Full Veilside kit, 18" alloys, BOV, decat, mild tune, custom interior & ice install)
Peugeot 106 Gti (Slammed, chipped, ported & polished) Daily runner while owning MR2
Toyota Supra MKIV RZ TT (Every mod under the sun I think, still have it)
Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (Bog standard replaced 106)
Ford Mondeo ST TDCi (Angel eye conversion, replaced Focus)
BMW 535D MSport (Remove Swirl Flaps, ECU tuned, replaced mondeo)
Ford Mondeo MkV Titanium X (Current daily, no mods)

Your car list is epic bud, few on there are on my bucket list for sure! I'm a huge Supra fan boy, it's one of my dream cars and I hope to own one one day, but prices are insane and finding a clean one is a bit difficult. Pics please!

Polo slammed on coilovers, I was told it was the lowest static Polo at the time. It doesn't look low but the front bumper was lower than a standard kerb, it would get beached on most speed bumps. I didn't do much to it apart from some ICE, coilovers and a GTI grill.
35659-431997632663-5144217-n.jpg

Black Magic Pearl (there was lots of flecks of gold, black, silver, red and blue in the paint) Ibiza 6L. Leon Cupra R Splitter, Ibiza FR grills (not pictured) Audi TT Comps that I polished with Gloss red inserts and barrels. 2x JL Audio 10W7-3, 2x JL Audio 1000/1v2, 1x JL Audio XD400/4, Pioneer DEH-80PRS Headunit with stand alone Hifonics equaliser, Upgraded 120a alternator and Infinity Kappa 65.9CS Components mounted front and rear. Tweeters were relocated into the dash. Ibiza Formula Sport interior, Genuine Team Heko wind deflectors (not pictured):
1518856-10152288707667664-177168560-o.jpg

1014701-10152288708052664-642308395-o.jpg

E87 1 Series (OEM M Sport). OEM M Performance Spoiler, OEM M Performance gloss black grills, Custom Morimoto Quad RGB Demon Eye, Quad RGB Rings & Quad Projector all with Bluetooth control, Pioneer AVH-X8500BT Double DIN, Gladen 201BMW front 3 ways powered by JL Audio XD400/4. Earthquake 15" Sub powered by JL Audio 1000/1v2, Airlift 3P with controller fitted in ash tray along with Bluetooth control. Tank was painted silver to match the car. There were Carbon splitters but I broke them off by driving very very low on air ride. Wheels were 17" 3pc Compomotive TS701 splits, centres were glitter silver powdercoat, barrels were black powdercoat, custom 1 off gel resin badges, spike bolts and custom made Radinox Dishes. Custom EMP Performance catback exhaust with shotgun style tips. Genuine Team Heko wind deflectors:
20861539-10155728965722664-2586627262600017012-o.jpg

BMW F80 M3 6MT. Picture was from a few years ago on a road trip to Wales, 2x E46 M3's, 640i, X5 and Audi S3
OEM M Performance Carbon Fibre corner splitters, OEM M Performance Carbon Fibre splitter, OEM M Performance Carbon Fibre boot spoiler, OEM M Performance gloss black from grills, OEM M Performance gloss black side grills, Vorsteiner replica rear diffuser (not pictured), Akrapovic Evo Exhaust (Backbox and catless midpipe with Carbon Fibre tips). I also specced the car with the Icon LED headlights.
73399968-10215457602853730-8805331861933916160-o.jpg

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Been driving an EV for some time now but still there are times, especially pulling out into heavy traffic, I instinctively go for the gear stick.

Being lazy and living in a hilly area, it is nice not having to burn the clutch out waiting to pull away on a slope :)
I find myself going for the gear stick as I'm coming up to junctions to change down, luckily I've not been going for the clutch with my left foot at the same time.....................................

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Your car list is epic bud, few on there are on my bucket list for sure! I'm a huge Supra fan boy, it's one of my dream cars and I hope to own one one day, but prices are insane and finding a clean one is a bit difficult. Pics please!

Polo slammed on coilovers, I was told it was the lowest static Polo at the time. It doesn't look low but the front bumper was lower than a standard kerb, it would get beached on most speed bumps. I didn't do much to it apart from some ICE, coilovers and a GTI grill.
35659-431997632663-5144217-n.jpg

Black Magic Pearl (there was lots of flecks of gold, black, silver, red and blue in the paint) Ibiza 6L. Leon Cupra R Splitter, Ibiza FR grills (not pictured) Audi TT Comps that I polished with Gloss red inserts and barrels. 2x JL Audio 10W7-3, 2x JL Audio 1000/1v2, 1x JL Audio XD400/4, Pioneer DEH-80PRS Headunit with stand alone Hifonics equaliser, Upgraded 120a alternator and Infinity Kappa 65.9CS Components mounted front and rear. Tweeters were relocated into the dash. Ibiza Formula Sport interior, Genuine Team Heko wind deflectors (not pictured):
1518856-10152288707667664-177168560-o.jpg

1014701-10152288708052664-642308395-o.jpg

E87 1 Series (OEM M Sport). OEM M Performance Spoiler, OEM M Performance gloss black grills, Custom Morimoto Quad RGB Demon Eye, Quad RGB Rings & Quad Projector all with Bluetooth control, Pioneer AVH-X8500BT Double DIN, Gladen 201BMW front 3 ways powered by JL Audio XD400/4. Earthquake 15" Sub powered by JL Audio 1000/1v2, Airlift 3P with controller fitted in ash tray along with Bluetooth control. Tank was painted silver to match the car. There were Carbon splitters but I broke them off by driving very very low on air ride. Wheels were 17" 3pc Compomotive TS701 splits, centres were glitter silver powdercoat, barrels were black powdercoat, custom 1 off gel resin badges, spike bolts and custom made Radinox Dishes. Custom EMP Performance catback exhaust with shotgun style tips. Genuine Team Heko wind deflectors:
20861539-10155728965722664-2586627262600017012-o.jpg

BMW F80 M3 6MT. Picture was from a few years ago on a road trip to Wales, 2x E46 M3's, 640i, X5 and Audi S3
OEM M Performance Carbon Fibre corner splitters, OEM M Performance Carbon Fibre splitter, OEM M Performance Carbon Fibre boot spoiler, OEM M Performance gloss black from grills, OEM M Performance gloss black side grills, Vorsteiner replica rear diffuser (not pictured), Akrapovic Evo Exhaust (Backbox and catless midpipe with Carbon Fibre tips). I also specced the car with the Icon LED headlights.
73399968-10215457602853730-8805331861933916160-o.jpg

Lovely cars. Those comp wheels on the E87 are special though. Always loved the comps on the old Audis.

My Papa had a 1990 Audi Coupe and my Uncle had the Quattro. Both had comps and they were stunning in their day.

I had mine out the garage the other day for the first time in over 4 years haha. Was getting pics for the agreed value for insurance. Prices are sky high for these cars now, I definitely got mine at the right time.

8h8zhpw.jpg
sPYSUV3.jpg
HI6lhT4.jpg

PdHTHGt.jpg

gKHRIAX.jpg

Ru0QbkZ.jpg

lQ0CS08.jpg

Sonic1506

Bronze Level Poster
Lovely cars. Those comp wheels on the E87 are special though. Always loved the comps on the old Audis.

My Papa had a 1990 Audi Coupe and my Uncle had the Quattro. Both had comps and they were stunning in their day.

I had mine out the garage the other day for the first time in over 4 years haha. Was getting pics for the agreed value for insurance. Prices are sky high for these cars now, I definitely got mine at the right time.

8h8zhpw.jpg
sPYSUV3.jpg
HI6lhT4.jpg

PdHTHGt.jpg

gKHRIAX.jpg

Ru0QbkZ.jpg

lQ0CS08.jpg

Thanks for the kind words :).

Supra looks amazing buddy! How much power is she running?

Yeah you definitely got it at the right time!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Thanks for the kind words :).

Supra looks amazing buddy! How much power is she running?

Yeah you definitely got it at the right time!

612 just now but the turbo has a comfortable 700 in it. I needed to up the fuel pump to get any more. I've got the pump sitting in the garage to fit at my leisure but, believe me, 600HP is plenty for our roads in RWD haha.

Insurance seems to go crazy after 700HP too which is unfortunate.

I know a few big power ones though, through the owners clubs etc. Some seriously powerful cars out there.

DylBee

Bronze Level Poster
Not the best picture, but this is my 208 GTI by PS. An enjoyable little car with comfy seats and expensive tyres (not made for the recently snowy weather)!! Ill be selling her on this summer and looking at replacing with E46 M3, 350Z or possibly 17' Civic R Turbo!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180519_145905[4115] 2.jpg
    IMG_20180519_145905[4115] 2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Sonic1506

Bronze Level Poster
612 just now but the turbo has a comfortable 700 in it. I needed to up the fuel pump to get any more. I've got the pump sitting in the garage to fit at my leisure but, believe me, 600HP is plenty for our roads in RWD haha.

Insurance seems to go crazy after 700HP too which is unfortunate.

I know a few big power ones though, through the owners clubs etc. Some seriously powerful cars out there.

Gotta agree with you there. I'm around 450 but I feel that's more than enough as I currently struggle to put it down. I do want to do a remap at some point but the main point of that would be to get more crackles and bangs out of the car.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Got an Auris Hybrid, can atest to how much I love it

Toyota know how to make a nice comfortable car, not the flashiest (Although I think the CHR is real nice) but super reliable and great to drive

I've driven a Auris, Aygo, Avensis and RAV4 and loved all of them. Even the Aygo was super fun

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This is my first Toyota, I did have one as a hire car some years back (yaris), I'm slowly finding my way around it

DylBee

Bronze Level Poster
So yesterday, I agreed a deal to px my 208 GTI by PS for a 2018 fk8 Civic Type R GT with 10k on the clock in Championship white. One is quite looking forward to taking delivery (maybe as much as the new PC) on Thursday. Will post pictures

Stephen M

Author Level
So yesterday, I agreed a deal to px my 208 GTI by PS for a 2018 fk8 Civic Type R GT with 10k on the clock in Championship white. One is quite looking forward to taking delivery (maybe as much as the new PC) on Thursday. Will post pictures
Thursday must be a good day for cars, getting mine that day.

Not long got a Hyundai Kona, the car is great but customer service disgusting, including selling parents an unroadworthy car - cannot say more as ongoing legal issues.

Decided to take the financial hit and trade in a less than year old car and go to a dealer several friends really rate. So far Volkswagen have been much better and getting an ID.3 next Thursday.

Bhuna50

Author Level
My new car is being built next week apparently, so allowing 4-6 weeks to get delivered to UK dealer, it looks like I will be picking mine up mid - end April - just in time for my birthday :D