What are you driving at the moment?

Stephen M

Author Level
My new car is being built next week apparently, so allowing 4-6 weeks to get delivered to UK dealer, it looks like I will be picking mine up mid - end April - just in time for my birthday :D
Dangerous month for birthdays, remember sending Mum a card from Germany with a note saying April 20th was not a good day to celebrate a birthday here as it was also Hitler's.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Dangerous month for birthdays, remember sending Mum a card from Germany with a note saying April 20th was not a good day to celebrate a birthday here as it was also Hitler's.
Luckily mine's the 24th then :D

Are you living in Germany now then are you but from Gloucestershire originally? or are you back here now in sunny (today) cold Glos.

Stephen M

Author Level
Living in Stroud, never actually moved full time to Germany but did a lot of short term contracts there. Decided after redundancy to enjoy myself and retrained as an EFL teacher, that allowed me a lot of German holidays but with work as well it did not eat into my redundancy pay off too much.

Given the current state of things am wishing I stayed and applied for citizenship.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Living in Stroud, never actually moved full time to Germany but did a lot of short term contracts there. Decided after redundancy to enjoy myself and retrained as an EFL teacher, that allowed me a lot of German holidays but with work as well it did not eat into my redundancy pay off too much.

Given the current state of things am wishing I stayed and applied for citizenship.
Wow - an English Football League teacher :D :D :D LOL

I was born in Cheltenham and now live in Gloucester.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My new car is being built next week apparently, so allowing 4-6 weeks to get delivered to UK dealer, it looks like I will be picking mine up mid - end April - just in time for my birthday :D
2 of my daughters have their birthdays at the end of April, one on 27th and one on 29th

DylBee

Bronze Level Poster
Shes arrived! What a beaut she is

Attachments

• IMG-20210311-WA0009[4280].jpg
    IMG-20210311-WA0009[4280].jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG-20210311-WA0010[4279].jpg
    IMG-20210311-WA0010[4279].jpg
    378 KB · Views: 159

Stephen M

Author Level
Picking up my Volkswagen ID.3 on Thursday, will actually be ready Monday but could not risk paper work from DVLC getting here in time, need it to swap number over.

Dealer has agreed to a bit of fun and is arranging parking spaces, cars side by side but old one facing away and new front on, so can get a picture of the two, both with same number plate.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Logging on zapmaps to plan your journey now? Or a better route dot com. [emoji3][emoji3]

Been there doing that. lol. And my EV is only in building this week lol.

We’re off on holiday 24 May for the week then September too. Devon then Cornwall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Logging on zapmaps to plan your journey now? Or a better route dot com. [emoji3][emoji3]

Been there doing that. lol. And my EV is only in building this week lol.

We’re off on holiday 24 May for the week then September too. Devon then Cornwall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the problem with full EV, finding places to charge up, glad i went hybrid, really impressed with the fuel consumption, getting anywhere between about 50-70 to the gallon on short local hops, did a 5 mile trip the other week, got 99.9 mpg out of it

DylBee

Bronze Level Poster
Amazing economy figures there Martin, really impressive! Im getting 34mpg (not bad for 315bhp) from the Type R, oh and a scraping brake shield. The joys

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's the problem with full EV, finding places to charge up, glad i went hybrid, really impressed with the fuel consumption, getting anywhere between about 50-70 to the gallon on short local hops, did a 5 mile trip the other week, got 99.9 mpg out of it
That’s impressive!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah I'm well pleased with it, going down to my daughter in Peckham on Saturday, so be interesting to see what type of fuel consumption i get doing motorway and driving across London, making sure i stay out of any of the zones

Stephen M

Author Level
One thing you notice in an EV is the drop in mileage during the winter, about 20 miles a charge on the Hyundai.

For icey mornings it is great having it plugged in and running the air con from the app, windows clear and car warm when I get in.

This one is supposed to do 336 miles on a full charge so can do Stenhousemuir with only one stop if I want. As charging is £20 a year in Scotland it will be a tad cheaper than going by train.