What are you driving at the moment?

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
As my Porsche Cayenne is on it`s last leg atm and I`m looking to scrap it soon , I`m in the hunt for a replacement . The car I`m looking for is a 99-2001 BMW e38 740iAL . Probably the best 7-series BMW ever made besides the e32 . And I have a very specific equipment demand also , it has to have the onboard TV/Satnav and the HiFi DSP audio/speakers . Very few cars of that era could match the sound of those speakers .
The V8 if maintained will last for ever and offers a deep rumble and is actually quite sporty if pushed . The ride is sublime and the looks , oh the looks :) The E38 is a very timeless design and even today gives the feel of a very , very expensive car .

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
As my Porsche Cayenne is on it`s last leg atm and I`m looking to scrap it soon , I`m in the hunt for a replacement . The car I`m looking for is a 99-2001 BMW e38 740iAL . Probably the best 7-series BMW ever made besides the e32 . And I have a very specific equipment demand also , it has to have the onboard TV/Satnav and the HiFi DSP audio/speakers . Very few cars of that era could match the sound of those speakers .
The V8 if maintained will last for ever and offers a deep rumble and is actually quite sporty if pushed . The ride is sublime and the looks , oh the looks :) The E38 is a very timeless design and even today gives the feel of a very , very expensive car .
Double-glazing? Reclining rear seats? Cigar humidor in rear arm rest?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Those options were more common for the 750 than the 740 . Same with the rear phone and fax and audio control addon . Plus obviously the rear fridge with wine glasses and picnic tables :)
Sorry, only had the 750iL for a short while, so didn't get know the precise options for the others.

Did spend a few years looking for the humidor option for my e34 M5 though...but ended up with the 2 rear 'sports' seat option instead - which in reality was just 2 proper seats with a solid divider instead of a 3rd seat formed from a flat squab.

page23-1002-full.jpg

page23-1008-full.jpg

robin h 25

@robin h 25 I wouldn't bother contacting the dealership again lol you have both sets of callipers leave it at that. That's like buying a new TV and the shop demanding you give them your old TV for free.
Unfortunately i have to deal with the same dealership again, as i'm having to wait until sometime in March before they get my carbon fiber side skirt in, that i also bought with the calipers, as Citroen needs to make one as they don't have any carbon fiber side skirt in stock before sending to that dealership,

That Citroen dealership, can go do one🖕, their lucky, their parts department was close today, they would of had a right telling😠.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unfortunately i have to deal with the same dealership again, as i'm having to wait until sometime in March before they get my carbon fiber side skirt in, that i also bought with the calipers, as Citroen needs to make one as they don't have any carbon fiber side skirt in stock before sending to that dealership,

That Citroen dealership, can go do one🖕, their lucky, their parts department was close today, they would of had a right telling😠.
I would still report them to trading standards otherwise they'll just keep trying it on other people.

These people need to face some consequences otherwise they don't have any morals to steer them correctly.

There's an online form on Citizens Advice:

robin h 25

I would still report them to trading standards otherwise they'll just keep trying it on other people.

These people need to face some consequences otherwise they don't have any morals to steer them correctly.

There's an online form on Citizens Advice:

My brother has told me not to even talk to them, or send to my calipers to them and just ignore them as they have no rights asking for my calipers, but if they start to phone me or email me about them wanting my old calipers, only then to get in contact with trading standards and report them.

barlew

Godlike
My brother has told me not to even talk to them, or send to my calipers to them and just ignore them as they have no rights asking for my calipers, but if they start to phone me or email me about them wanting my old calipers, only then to get in contact with trading standards and report them.
Thats the way to do it mate. I think they were trying to pull a fast one. I would be really surprised if you heard from them. Especially is you are still using them to buy the side skirts (which I imagine are not cheap).

barlew

Godlike
Why not cross the UK ? Start in Dover and end in Scotland ... perhaps John O`Grots ?
Well I am open to suggestions but knowing the highlands as I do I think the NC 500 would be a bit more picturesque. I am being deadly serious by the way. Well up for a road trip.

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
Ì wish I could participate but alas my Cayenne is dead and I`m still on the hunt for a nice BMW E38 740 . Not easy finding a lowish mileage left hand drive version with the specs I want .

barlew

Godlike
Ì wish I could participate but alas my Cayenne is dead and I`m still on the hunt for a nice BMW E38 740 . Not easy finding a lowish mileage left hand drive version with the specs I want .
There is time. This isn't going to happen tommorow!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
On a side not we should get a PCS forum North Coast 500 trip sorted ;)
I'd be so down for a road trip like this, although a black box in an '06 Ford Fusion doesn't exactly inspire spirted driving round the NC500 😂 Might have to wait for my next car, or just be navigation in the fastest car on the trip ;)