What CPU Cooler is in the PCS Vortex ST-S 3070 Prebuild from Curry's?

Hallom8

Edit: After looking at it a bit more carefully, I thought it looked similar to an SE-224-XT ARGB, and a perfect match apart from the ID Cooling logo being replaced with a PCS logo on the heatsink and 120mm fan.

Hi there, I bought a Vortex ST-S a few months ago and I've really enjoyed using it... Apart from the noise. PCS put a Zotac Twin Edge 3070 (the loudest 3070 model), a 175r with two loud corsair fans (which barely cools the system due to awful airflow, to the point where I had to switch the fans out), a CV550 (which barely runs a 3070 setup due to 30 series power spikes but also creates low vibrating noises ocassionally) and a PCS-branded CPU cooler paired with a 10700.

Does anyone know the exact model of CPU cooler PCS put in this build? I know it's likely a modified more common aftermarket CPU cooler because the 175r is branded with an RGB PCS logo instead of a Corsair logo. The CPU Cooler also has a logo on the heatsink. Images and link are attached below.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

thumbnail_20210513_000335.jpg
thumbnail_20210513_000304.jpg

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
...and, unfortunately, most of these 'issues' is why most people on here would never recommend a pre-built from a computer retailer (be it Currys, Dell, HP)...as it's usually not very clear on the exact specs/quality of the components (other than they're usually the cheapest they can find).

Most people would also normally suggest getting feedback on a PCS custom or pre-built before purchasing, as that will stop buyers wasting money on inappropriate (for their use case), inefficient, or non-upgradeable components.

Sorry, can't help with identifying the cooler further than what you've stated...but I wouldn't be surprised if the same cooler (and other PCS-branded components) is sold as a 'white label' component where the buyer gets their own labelling put on.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Edit: After looking at it a bit more carefully, I thought it looked similar to an SE-224-XT ARGB, and a perfect match apart from the ID Cooling logo being replaced with a PCS logo on the heatsink and 120mm fan.
It is listed here as the PCS Frostflow 100 RGB. As you say it appears to be a rebranded ID Cooling SE-224-XT RGB.