What do you guys think of this monitor?

LinearHD

Rising Star
I can't seem to find much about it on the internet, but it seems really good for less than £200? It's gonna be used for gaming and stuff, so yeah, lemme know what you think and if you find a better alternative for a similar (sub £200) price? I don't really care about the 3D, mainly it's the 120Hz high refresh rate that interests me :)

Link: http://www.shop.bt.com/products/lg-electronics-lg-w2363d-23--3d-lcd-monitor-77LV.html

lg-w2363d.jpg

lgw2363d-3l.jpg

lg-w2363d-05_t.jpg

Teaz

Godlike
looks nice. isnt the 120Mhz just the standard requirement for any 3D tv/monitor this day?

Kalisnoir

Super Star
So you're not bothered about the 3D, just the 120hz, but despite the fact that the 120hz isn't going to benefit you, you want the monitor because you can't find another 3D monitor at 1080p for less then £200?

However, it looks decent, good response time etc, although I can't find the viewing angle but unless you use it to watch video's with other people it won't really matter anyway.

LinearHD

Rising Star
You can only get 120Hz monitors that are 3D... I haven't seen any 120Hz monitors that aren't 3D ready. Also, the 120Hz will benefit me in other ways, such as less tearing at high framerates, less input lag and more responsiveness, which is why I'm interested in them :)

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Looks like a winner to me....good specs too. My last lg lasted me ages until two or three new lcd technologies came out; and was cheap, yet still going strong without a dead pixel in sight. This Iiyama 2473hds is very good too....but lacks the 120mhz and thats what you're looking for. I would say go for it! If screen tearing is what you are worried about though, vsync is pretty good, if your eyes can see a drop in frames to 60fps on a 60hz monitor then id be impressed, response times are more important. This has good response times though and if I was shopping for this I would be going for one of these higher hz lcds now they have dropped in price however, so do it! Like the design of it too, very neat. :)

LinearHD

Rising Star
You've won me over :D I have a 42inch LCD in my living room, just over two years old and by still going. LG and Samsung tend to be the innovators in TV technology (well maybe not, but they do know how to use it properly!) and their quality is generally outstanding. Just ordered it now :)

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Samsung tend to be the innovators in TV technology (well maybe not, but they do know how to use it properly!)

Samsung are actually at the forefront of display technology I would say from alot of stuff I see reading En-gadget.

And I know you need atleast 120Hz for 3D, but, you said you weren't bothered about the 3D, just the 120Hz, that's why I didn't fully understand since the refresh rate is only going to help if you are watching stuff that goes really really fast.
Nothing wrong with getting the latest technology though, means you wont have to upgrade again for a while :)

LinearHD

Rising Star
Samsung are actually at the forefront of display technology I would say from alot of stuff I see reading En-gadget.

And I know you need atleast 120Hz for 3D, but, you said you weren't bothered about the 3D, just the 120Hz, that's why I didn't fully understand since the refresh rate is only going to help if you are watching stuff that goes really really fast.
Nothing wrong with getting the latest technology though, means you wont have to upgrade again for a while :)

Nah, I used a 3D monitor at my friends a few months ago, and fell in love with the responsiveness. I know, you don't believe it right? I didn't either, until I actually tried one. Everything seems so much smoother, including games. Also, because of the high refresh rate it means I won't get the screen tearing (also called ghosting) I would with a 60Hz monitor if the FPS goes above the refresh rate.

This is the only decent example of screen tear I could find on youtube:

[video=youtube;egCvq1UGKEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egCvq1UGKEI[/video]