What fan should I get for my PC (the low-humming noise giving me a migraine)

adrian.u

Hi, I bought my first PC ever and its fantastic (arrived literally yesterday afternoon). However the one thing i didn't realise was the noise the fans would make, i find the low humming sound to give me a headache and wanted to know what my options are to reduce the sound. I assume the best thing to do is to buy a fan, if so whats the best fan to replace my one? Im not sure if it matters but the case is PCS 6003B BLACK CASE and I think the sound is coming from the heat sink fan

Last edited:

adrian.u

Well, it could be the CPU fan, GPU fans or it may even just be the case fans (wouldn't be surprising as it is a very cheap case with likely cheap fans in). Is it a constant humming sound or does it go up and down? If it's a fan, the humming should go up and down as the temperature of the CPU and/or motherboard rises and falls.

It's a constant humming but I can barely hear it from the GPU but I haven't used my PC intensely yet

adrian.u

Screenshot_20200711-124025.png

I've played DotA on it and some indie games so far but nothing else yet, ok I'll do that later thanks

adrian.u

The other alternative is to put your phone inside the case and ty to see if you can record the noise...then upload it to a video/audio upload site and post the URL to it here.

The problem is that it's difficult to say without hearing it as a constant hum causing you a migraine may not be audible to someone else....or someone else may call it a whine rather than a hum. Also, if you are susceptibile to migraines then it may be that it's a particular frequency which is causing you issues rather than the noise in and of itself

I am having difficulties trying to upload a video on here however after opening the case an listening in, it is the heat sink fan, which has also started to make a clattering sound, is this normal amongst gaming pc?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unfortunately it's very budget components that you've selected so they will be loud.

Without hearing the actual noise it's very difficult to give any advice though.

As @Nursemorph says, if you can't upload to the forum, upload somewhere else and post a link.