What game do oyu REALLY NOT want?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
What game, this year, or indeed ever, do you really not want?

This could be for any of the following reasons, or any others you can think of:

1) You just really dont like the look of this game.

2) You know the game will sell millions, but do not rate it as highly as others in the same genre that may well suffer from the ridiculousness of the masses (this is not a loaded option...well not with real bullets anyway)

3) A sequel that should just not be made. This could be a real game coming (that might end up like Far Cry 2!) or just one that you think should NOT be made (Devastation...look it up)

4) You think it would ruin a genre/franchise.

etc

DED

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Lets get it out the way shall we -

Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 3.

There. Now you can all be creative :D

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Devastation

I bought a 7800 GT to play that ;(

250px-Devastation.jpg

"what game do oyu REALLY NOT want?"

hmmmm, that's tricky, it's not that i don't want them, usually i can't afford them :'(
But here's a list of games that i wish i'd never bought

• Dino D Day - they still havent bought out the suvival mode (a type of left 4 dead with dinosaurs) or the single player game -.- There's a free weekend later this month to coincide with the T-rex map pack -.-
  • Sims 3 - She got bored after a week
  • Tomb Raider - Anniversary
  • Stalker games, never really got into them
  • Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising - i like the idea of it but it was -.-

SrgColman

Enthusiast
Not PC gaming but the instant I saw this my brain said... Fable: The Journey. I don't care if Molyneux has told everyone that it isnt' a rail shooter (totally ruining the franchise, not that I felt it was any good anyway) but every reviewer that got any extra insight apart from E3's insight has said its a rail shooter... just sounds awful.

So I really do not like the look of this game and its a sequel I don't think needs making.

And I wish I hadn't bought Brink...

Brink had me very much under the impression you got to play as terrorists (security forces vs the resistance and you play both sides). With the idea being you played to stop the terrorists as the security, and got to play the opposite as the resistance. According to the storyline in the game's Security missions, those Resistance guys really are terrorists. Dirty bombs? Tower attacks? To hell with them. But... I could play as them... The game offers eight missions for the Security side and eight for Resistance. I was eager to hop into those other boots and learn just how they justified their actions. But as it comes as your time to play as the Resistance, I was eager to see how the game continued if your side actually got to complete the tower attacks, actually got to complete the dirty bomb missions from your perspective. After a few missions of the Resistance campaign, I reached that dirty bomb mission. Surprise! The Resistance doesn't talk about building a dirty bomb. They talk about crafting a vaccine. To be clear, the mission that infolds after those different narrative set-ups is exactly the same. IMO, Brink chickens out of giving me gameplay that I feel has never been showcased this way. It really ruined my view of the game.

And as much as the teaser trailers wow me, I am not looking forward to Bioshock: Infinite, just ruins the franchise IMO, I feel they could have released the game under another name and got enough hype for it without tagging the Bioshock name to something that relates in no way to the Bioshock story.

Rant rant rant :K

Theunderdog

Silver Level Poster
Well, I wish duke forever never came out. Everyone who has played seems to dislike it and it just ruined the name.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Haha nice one fluffy :D

And yes underdog...what worked in the 90s doesnt necessarily work in the 2000s, let alone the...whatever we are in now!

Hype = Quality? Not often unfortunately!