What games shall I buy?

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
I haven't gamed in years and I've recently just bought a laptop that should be able to handle most games once it's fixed. My gaming history is as follows (i'll ignore really old games and stick to somewhat modern games)

Games I own

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
GTA 5 (barely played)
Witcher 3 (played 5 minutes)
Crysis (played about 15 minutes)
Fallout 4

I like open world sandboxy games, so I look forward to the new Elder Scrolls when that comes out, and big open shooters so look forward to BF6. I won't play Crysis till Remastered comes out.

I've heard Witcher 3 is one of the best games of all time....better late than never.

What else should I consider?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I haven't gamed in years and I've recently just bought a laptop that should be able to handle most games once it's fixed. My gaming history is as follows (i'll ignore really old games and stick to somewhat modern games)

Games I own

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
GTA 5 (barely played)
Witcher 3 (played 5 minutes)
Crysis (played about 15 minutes)
Fallout 4

I like open world sandboxy games, so I look forward to the new Elder Scrolls when that comes out, and big open shooters so look forward to BF6. I won't play Crysis till Remastered comes out.

I've heard Witcher 3 is one of the best games of all time....better late than never.

What else should I consider?
You may like the mass effect trilogy although the 1st one is very old it’s still a fantastic game. I started on 2 and loved it so much I bought the first. Andromeda, the wasn’t brilliant but still fun.

If you like open world, Star Citizen is something to behold although still in beta.

Red dead redemption 2 is a must have, think you’d really enjoy that.

Assassins creed

Borderlands trilogy

Doom 2016 and Eternal (just incredible games)

Far Cry 3 and up

Metro redux trilogy

Latest Tomb Raider trilogy

Vaio

Enthusiast
Witcher 3 is a great game and if you like open world then definitely go for it.
MW2 - the battlegrould is free.
Metro Exodus - never played it but I see it a lot in benchmark tests
Ori and the will of the wisps - visually stunning and a good soundtrack to the game
Kingdom come deliverance

Driving games (if you like them)
Formula 1 2019
Forza Horizon 4

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
You may like the mass effect trilogy although the 1st one is very old it’s still a fantastic game. I started on 2 and loved it so much I bought the first. Andromeda, the wasn’t brilliant but still fun.

If you like open world, Star Citizen is something to behold although still in beta.

Red dead redemption 2 is a must have, think you’d really enjoy that.

Assassins creed

Borderlands trilogy

Doom 2016 and Eternal (just incredible games)

Far Cry 3 and up

Metro redux trilogy

Latest Tomb Raider trilogy
The original Doom was one of the first games I ever played. I did briefly play a demo of Doom 3 and that was incredible! The combination of zombies and sci fi.

I have watched friends play Read Dead Redemption (again, there were zombies in this one??) Looks fun!

Assassins Creed; now I've heard a lot about these games and that they have poor replay value?? Is that true?

No idea what borderlands is so I'll look that up

Far Cry 3 i've played a little bit actually, I've seen some game play of the later ones where you can hunt etc.

Doom 16, no idea what that is and I watched some gameplay to Eternal. It looks like absolute chaos and reminds me of Quake.

I've heard a lot about Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen.

The whole gaming landscape is insane, I used to buy games on discs and install them. Now there are a million different platforms like Steam, GOG, Origin and it's all just very different to what I was used to. People actually pay more to sign up to betas as if that is a good thing? The abundance of microtransactions is staggering.

I feel a bit old

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Assassins Creed; now I've heard a lot about these games and that they have poor replay value?? Is that true?
I can’t comment on that I’m afraid as I’ve never replayed any game (sacrilege I know!)

People actually pay more to sign up to betas as if that is a good thing?
Normally I would say absolutely to avoid any beta, but Star Citizen really is in a class of its own, it’s so utterly gargantuan that I don’t think it will ever leave beta, but it’s still an incredible game.

With regards to the new Dooms, take the first three and then crank them up to eleven, just insanely fast, amazing soundtrack, incredible visuals, blazing oh good fun. I actually have to come out of the game after half an hour for a 10 minute break to catch my breath and remind myself to blink ;)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nearly forgot, sign up to the epic store and download the game launcher, they do free games most weeks and often they’re triple A titles.

They’re currently doing GTA 5 but rumour has it as from Thursday they’re doing borderlands 2 and borderlands the pre-sequel, so be good to get those.

robin h 25

It's still in Alpha, Though now that it has some what of a persistent to the universe ( get to keep the money you earn and ships that you buy in game ) it make's it some what more playable or less of a grind with every new update. but there's still a small chance that with every update, everyone's progress may get wiped / reset.

Star Citizen's single player game "Squadron 42" shows it's aiming for Q3/Q4 2020 to enter beta on their development roadmap, but for Star Citizen's Universe, it's still in Alpha, I think by the time Star Citizen does make it to full release, we'll all be flying around in are own space ships at that time.🚀🛸🌌👽😲🥺.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's still in Alpha, Though now that it has some what of a persistent to the universe ( get to keep the money you earn and ships that you buy in game ) it make's it some what more playable or less of a grind with every new update. but there's still a small chance that with every update, everyone's progress may get wiped / reset.

Star Citizen's single player game "Squadron 42" shows it's aiming for Q3/Q4 2020 to enter beta on their development roadmap, but for Star Citizen's Universe, it's still in Alpha, I think by the time Star Citizen does make it to full release, we'll all be flying around in are own space ships at that time.🚀🛸🌌👽😲🥺.
Christ, I didn't realise it was still alpha! Blimey!

robin h 25

Christ, I didn't realise it was still alpha! Blimey!
I know, Almost 10 years in development and i think the first Alpha gameplay was around 7 years ago, and all of the early backers got to walk around in their hanger just to view their ships and that was it, compared to what it's like now to play the Alpha,
Though i didn't have a PC that could reach the minimum requirements back then, until early December 2019, when i bought my new PC build here,
Star Citizen was the first game i bought when i got my new PC and is my most played game since then.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know, Almost 10 years in development and i think the first Alpha gameplay was around 7 years ago, and all of the early backers got to walk around in their hanger just to view their ships and that was it, compared to what it's like now to play the Alpha,
Though i didn't have a PC that could reach the minimum requirements back then, until early December 2019, when i bought my new PC build here,
Star Citizen was the first game i bought when i got my new PC and is my most played game since then.
It is pretty cool, for an Alpha it's in quite a remarkable state, but given just how big it is and procedurally generated? I can understand why it's taking so damn long to make.

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
+1 For Red Dead Redemption 2. Played it on the xbox (no hate please) and it was brilliant. Was thinking of looking for the earlier game as I believe that had decent reviews also

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member

I sadly own a large fleet of ships :ROFLMAO::LOL:, although i've not put too much time into it recently.

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
Dang... I wish I could wipe Witcher 3 from my mind and play it again. If I'd only played 5 minutes I wouldn't be needing anything else to play! Although Resident Evil 2 I thought was excellent and can be picked up pretty cheap now. I just bought the overpriced DLC for it yesterday, it's called Resident Evil 3

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dang... I wish I could wipe Witcher 3 from my mind and play it again. If I'd only played 5 minutes I wouldn't be needing anything else to play! Although Resident Evil 2 I thought was excellent and can be picked up pretty cheap now. I just bought the overpriced DLC for it yesterday, it's called Resident Evil 3
I love the RE remasters, they’ve done such a good job!

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Just getting myself back into Elite, first played it on the Spectrum and several years later on the Xbox. Keeps me quiet for a good few hours!

Command & Conquer remastered (Tiberian Dawn & Red Alert 1)
remnant from the ashes <- very very good on your own or coop (its very like souls game, so quite hard on your own)
Gears of war 1 to 5

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
I'm currently enjoying Jedi: fallen order, which was/is 50% off on steam. It's basically tomb raider with light sabers. A bit of fighting, bit of puzzling, bit of jumping and climbing. It's not deep or too taxing but it's pretty relaxing and looks great.
Also RDR2, much deeper than Jedi but requires longer stints to appreciate.
Just downloaded ace combat 7 too (big reduction on steam) for a nostalgic flight sim trip. It's been a while since F19 stealth fighter on the Atari-ST