What is the most unrealistic and far fetched movie you have ever watched?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
So, What is the most unrealistic and far fetched movie you have ever watched?

I'm currently watching "war horse"

oh my life, I've never seen a worse film. Its just awful.

It protrays one of the most gruesome wars in recently history as a "jolly fun romp"

English and German in trenches whistling at each other? A horse charging through barbed wire? A horse jumping over a massive ww1 tank? German brothers deserting charging past a column of Germans instead of sneaking away? One scene is 1914 start of the war, then a few scenes later is the Somme 1918? Rescuing a horse trapped in barb wire in no mans land? Horses charging past machine gunners in the opening battle, oh don't forget the terrible acting. oh jesus wept, the boy from the start now grown up and blind, whistling through his hands whilst half the army is stood watching.

Absolutely disgraceful for a Spielberg. Cliche after Cliche.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I enjoyed it. There are plenty of positive reviews as well, at least better than independence day.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I enjoyed it. There are plenty of positive reviews as well, at least better than independence day.

yeah i saw there are alot of positive reviews. There is just so many scenes that are incredibly far fetched and full of cliches

bigben

Master Poster
The scene in the hobbit part 2 where they were escaping from the wood elves was cringeworthy..
Legolas (who wasn't even in the hobbit) and the female elf (also not in the book) jumping over the dwarves heads while the dwarves bob down the river in barrels with no lids on.. Lame
That film just murdered one of the best books I've read.

Rack

Enthusiast
You knew the Hobbit was going to be murdered when they decided to make it into 3 films. you will be able to read the book in less time than it will take to watch the 3 films.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I read the Hobbit for the first time about 18 years ago, am a die hard Tolkien fan (yup, Silmarillion too) and I loved both Hobbit films.

You can't make a film of a book by sticking just to the book (it'd be too long) and certain elements of literature just do not come across the same on screen.

End of the day, it is just a film and a good one at that :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The title of the thread is about an unrealistic film and we are talking about the hobbit unless it was based on a true story :)
I enjoyed the war horse and I found it interesting, the different angle taken to tell different stories. You cannot expect all movies to stick to actual facts, there is always going to be someone with a good knowledge of the period trying to criticise every single details. At the end of the day it is entertainment not a documentary.

bigben

Master Poster
I read the Hobbit for the first time about 18 years ago, am a die hard Tolkien fan (yup, Silmarillion too) and I loved both Hobbit films.

You can't make a film of a book by sticking just to the book (it'd be too long) and certain elements of literature just do not come across the same on screen.

End of the day, it is just a film and a good one at that :)
I dunno, I was pretty pee'd off. Paid £12 to get in which was the only thing that stopped me from walking out early. Really didn't like it, I did quite like the first one so had some hope for the 2nd.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
The title of the thread is about an unrealistic film and we are talking about the hobbit unless it was based on a true story :)
I enjoyed the war horse and I found it interesting, the different angle taken to tell different stories. You cannot expect all movies to stick to actual facts, there is always going to be someone with a good knowledge of the period trying to criticise every single details. At the end of the day it is entertainment not a documentary.

I'm not saying the story needs to be historically accurate or documentary like. However, there some needs to be some element of realism. Half of the stuff in War horse, would never ever ever happen! A horse jumping over an enormous tank? yeah thats never going to happen (ever)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You were not in WW1 and you have most likely never met anyone who was in WW1, therefore, how do you know that this is not historically accurate and everything else isn't?

mishra

Rising Star
Twilight - because vampires cannot walk in the daylight. Not sure how they explained that in the movie cause I've never seen it. Not being able to see the sun is the price they pay for being immortal, well apparently not in that movie :)
Fast and furious - because cars are not Chuck Norris! Things like gravity, mass have it's meanings. 90% of all stunts they do is so unreal, you have to be 10 years old to believe that. If that would be Sci-Fi movie then fair enough, but it isn't.

Could name a few more... but need to start packing. I'm flying soon on my holidays :D

bigben

Master Poster
Fast and furious - because cars are not Chuck Norris! Things like gravity, mass have it's meanings. 90% of all stunts they do is so unreal, you have to be 10 years old to believe that. If that would be Sci-Fi movie then fair enough, but it isn't.

Also, apart from lorries, most vehicles don't have 16 gears (see the drag race in 2 fast 2 furious.) I did actually enjoy most of the fast and furious films though. The scene in one of the newer ones with the plane was hilarious-the runway must have been about 32 miles long..

PaulH

Bright Spark
Any horror film where the lass about to be killed doesn't leave the house when she can....