What is the noise and thermal throttling like on the new Recoil VII with 4080/4090, ahd how do these graphics cards compare in PCS build benchmarks?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you.
I have had it apart a few times to clean and it was actually relatively dust free. It has gotten so hot that my keys in some instances (especially the Z and X keys) are not as responsive so i have had to just remap my keys for gameplay.

I appreciate that any laptop will run hot through power requirements and load but assumed a newer more powerful option would possibly have less demand for my requirements :)

It's concerning that you had issues with your build.
If it hasn’t been repasted it will heavily thermal throttle.

I’d suggest removing the heatsink, clean off the current paste with some isopropyl and then just apply a cryosheet (make sure it’s the right size)

With any performance laptop you need to repaste once a year, but cryosheets don’t deteriorate so will last forever

chozabu

Thank you.
I have had it apart a few times to clean and it was actually relatively dust free. It has gotten so hot that my keys in some instances (especially the Z and X keys) are not as responsive so i have had to just remap my keys for gameplay.

I appreciate that any laptop will run hot through power requirements and load but assumed a newer more powerful option would possibly have less demand for my requirements :)

It's concerning that you had issues with your build.
Ha! I'd forgotten about that one - the W key on the defiance II would get sticky when the machine heats up. Mostly used an external keyboard, so it wasn't such an issue. Good point though, I could have remapped keys. Have now passed that machine onto a friend who was lacking a laptop.

Currently mostly using a laptop from a different company(very similar spec), and a PCS desktop

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I wouldn't recommend liquid metal on a laptop. It's by far the best performer, I had it on my Octane III, but the down side is the etching into the heatsink.

With a desktop PC you can replace the heatsink/cooler/plate relatively easily. With a laptop it's a very expensive outlay to replace it. I had to lap my heatsink where the LM etched into it a bit. It needs to be as perfect as possible for good heat transfer so I wanted it back to flat and polished.