What is your favourite game and...

Bhuna50

Author Level
how many hours have you spent playing it and why?

OK - having seen @ActuallyDenz post in the PC Game Deals thread saying he has played Stellaris for over 350 hours, it got me thinking to ask the following questions:

- what is the longest you have ever spent playing a game (number of hours played)?

- why have you spent so long, was it your best ever favourite game?

- what is your best ever favourite game (if different) and how long have you played that for?

Mine has to be the original "Tom Clancy's The Division".

Total time spent -
1631306313271.png
- yes sadly over 90 days of game play...

Is it my all time longest played game - I dont think it is as Im sure I played Ultima Online longer, but that was because I used to sit doing other things, whilst my character was chopping trees or fishing LOL...

Is The Division my favourite game - I would say its been hard to find a game that has matched the game play I enjoyed in this so yes - nothing has come close to gripping me in playing as much in the last 5/6 years.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Stellaris doesn't even make it into my top 10 most played games.

View attachment 29127

Yes I enjoy annual sports releases, and crappy free to play games!
Just realised I didn't answer your questions.

There's my top 13 most played games, some I really enjoyed, some were just playing away in the background a bit.

CK2 is a game I played through many many times purely because it's a game that is never truly properly complete. You run your family until the game ends, then pick a different character and play through it again. It has endless replayability. I've not really got into CK3 properly yet, but as it's another game by Paradox, there's bound to be more DLC coming.

CK2 is probably my all-time longest played game as I originally bought it elsewhere away from Steam, so my non-Steam version would have had some serious play time too. I also owned Skyrim on Xbox 360, so there's probably another 100+ hours on that.

My favourite game is probably still the original Deus Ex, but it doesn't have anywhere near the same kind of replayability as some of the games on my most played list.

D

Deleted member 41971

for me and this may sound pedantic, my longest game I have played is probably football manager 2007 on the xbox 360, I cant remember how long exactly I played it but it would be in the 1000s of hrs, reason being with all fm games I only play each match once, I.e. if I lose, I lose, I don't re start from a save point, so that means I spend a long while on each match, get the tactics right, scout the opposing teams players etc etc.

my best ever favourite game, i would say, probably gta vice city, when it came out the music, setting and playability of the game I found to be really good. cannot remember how long I played it as it was the ps2 at the time but it must have been a while.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
are you immortal?
Thankfully not. I was out of work for about 8 years after finishing university and although I did volunteering and other things to try and get a job, I had a ridiculous amount of time on my hands. Gaming helped me keep my sanity, but all that free time meant I could really hammer some games.

My approach to Football Manager and playing matches just the once was the same as yours. The increasing complexity of the games is what made me stop getting them in the end. I used to enjoy Championship Manager where I could do a season every couple of evenings after school. In the more recent games, that season would take weeks to do, and so it was frustrating - I'd love it if Sports Interactive remade the whole game engine and properly embraced multi-core performance.

D

Deleted member 41971

My approach to Football Manager and playing matches just the once was the same as yours. The increasing complexity of the games is what made me stop getting them in the end. I used to enjoy Championship Manager where I could do a season every couple of evenings after school. In the more recent games, that season would take weeks to do, and so it was frustrating

same, i have stopped playing newer fm manager games as I had fm 2020 free on epic, but its become like a simulation with options upon options upon more options to a point where I have become less interested. I always thought the interface from fm games from say 10 yrs ago was much more cleaner and better.

although I cannot talk as with fm 2007, I took 2 hrs per game, so that must have been weeks per season :LOL:

I see FM 2022 is announced

Thankfully not. I was out of work for about 8 years after finishing university and although I did volunteering and other things to try and get a job, I had a ridiculous amount of time on my hands. Gaming helped me keep my sanity, but all that free time meant I could really hammer some games.

you know you play too much in a day when steam flashes a warning asking if your "still ok"

Rakk

The Awesome
Oopsie, I only just noticed this thread, the main game I play (Everquest 2) I have spent far far far far too long playing
I may need help :)
1632300655631.png

You may need a calculator to work that one out :)
It's:
24817 ......

Reason, its addictive and I do enjoy it (most of the time)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Most played game is probably either Binding of Isaac or COD4. Would love to see the hours I put into some of the games of my youth which I'm sure would have been massive

If Oblivion tracked hours on the disc version I'm sure that would have been up there with COD4, likely a few thousand hours for sure

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It just shows how little a gamer I actually am:

Beat Saber - 137 Hrs
Flight Simulator - 123 Hrs
ETS2 - 56 Hrs
Pokerstars VR - 53Hrs
FSX - 50 hrs (That's not accurate at all, but guessing it's since my last reformat or something).
Sniper Elite 4 - 30 Hrs (Completed once)
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 27 Hrs (completed once)
Sniper Elite 3 - 26Hrs (Completed once)
PC Building Sim - 22 Hrs
Res Evil 2 - 15.8hrs (Completed once).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
FF7 on PS1, the counter stopped at 100 hours, but I was working night shift as a security guard at the time, a mate of mine would pop round and we'd play it 10 hours straight every night I was on shift on the boardroom big screen TV.

I have no idea how many hours, but must have been over 350.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've over 1000 Hours in Street Fighter IV and almost 1000 Hourse in Street Fighter V too. I'm sure I've multiple thousand hours in Diablo 3 as well

I'll list out the top from Steam not including those already mentioned. The vast majority of games I give around 10-20 hours too it seems, although the list of games with 0 time played is scary. Honourable mention to Dead Cells which I'm I have a couple hundred hours in too but not on Steam

Gunfire Reborn - 310 hrs
Skyrim - 215 hrs
Cyberpunk - 111 hrs
Dark Souls - 108 hrs
Warframe - 101 hrs
Slay The Spire - 81 hrs
L4D2 - 73 hrs
Xcom - 68hrs
Terraria - 64 hrs
The Division - 57 hrs

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Oopsie, I only just noticed this thread, the main game I play (Everquest 2) I have spent far far far far too long playing
I may need help :)
View attachment 29397

You may need a calculator to work that one out :)
It's:
24817 ......

Reason, its addictive and I do enjoy it (most of the time)
I've spent about that much time across my entire Steam library since 2006.

I salute your achievement!

i-am-not-worthy-not-worthy.gif

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
I don't think anything will ever top my dedication to Runescape between 2001 - 2005. I'd genuinely be disgusted if I could find out how many hours I put into that.

Aside from FIFA and Warzone in my PS4 days, since owning a PC my top 4 are:

Sly edit shout for Diablo 3 after seeing Stevey's post - lost a lot of my life on release on xbox and took it back up when I got the PC and put further countless hours into the last few seasons.

Bloons TD6 - 172 hours
CS GO - 121 hours
Outriders - 103 hours
Gunfire Reborn - 80 hours.

New World pending to take over my life in the coming days.

Subtle shout out to my unhealthy addiction with Pokemon Unite of recent..

Last edited:

Outerarm

I seem to have played a fair bit of Battlefield:

Battlefield 3: 315h
Battlefield 4: 692h
Battlefield 1: 943h
Battlefield V: 637h

on top of that I think I put in over 3,000 hours into Eve On-line.

(we won't talk about the 2,000 hours on Mr. Mine, 5,300 hours on Adventure Capitalist and 17,100 hours on Clicker Heroes as these run mostly passively in the background!)