What is your favourite pedal?

Stephen M

Author Level
Please note, this is a thread for guitarists, not cyclists :)

There have been a lot of good pedals over the years and some pretty dire ones as well. Not sure how good this is going to be, although some of the demo sounds from it were very interesting and as someone who likes SciFi and music could not resist something that combined Dune and a guitar pedal.

Chorus and Flanger are probably my favourite effects but would be interested to know what other players like using.

Anyone thinking of buying a pedal or two may be interested in an offer here: https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/ on their Boss or Landlord FX pedals they have a promotion, buy two and get a free power supply and Daisy Chain.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Thanks, you’ve just cost me £215! As someone who loves guitar and anything David Lynch that is a must have acquisition for me.

Favourite effect has got to be reverb, you can do just so much with it. Fuzz would be second in line because I’m a dirty boy.

Stephen M

Author Level
This is the page i meant to post yesterday, there is a short video with some of the module sounds demonstrated.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This is the page i meant to post yesterday, there is a short video with some of the module sounds demonstrated.
I love how it describes itself as an analog weirding module 😆

Seems like it’s actually quite a versatile unit, can fuzz it up nicely and also has hints of ring modulation (an effect that I love but struggle to put to any practical use).

It’d be a great tool if you were trying to create a John Carpenter-esque soundscape.

Stephen M

Author Level
I am looking forward to trying a bass through it, think there could be some very interesting sounds. Need to get a second amp as well, just picked up a Rickenbacker 4003 so have the stereo option, thinking of putting the bridge pick up through the Weirding Module and keeping a more standard sound for the neck.

I really hope we do not go back into lock down, nothing to do with health, I just cannot afford another.

Schmoo2k

Bronze Level Poster
Boss HM2 (with a undervolted power supply and mids scooped low, gave an excellent "brown sound" - other tended to max it for the "modern" heavy metal of the late 80s (megadeath etc.)

Stephen M

Author Level
And here it is:
Erik.jpeg

Stephen M

Author Level
Modulation is great fun and sometimes is actually usable, plus who could resist a device called a data corrupter.
Interesting interview with the Earthquaker guy and looks at a few of his pedals.

Stephen M

Author Level
The credit card has taken a bad hit again and the data corrupter is on its way, along with an amazing delay pedal, the Adineko Oil Can. Anyone who has used and liked the old Oil Can Delays will love this and it has a big advantage over a lot of the models about in the 1970s, it is much less likely to give you and electric shock, a common problem before.

As a cool footnote, not sure what Adi means, if it is a word but Neko is Japanese for cat.