What RAM speed does 17.3" Ionico support?

nathanruck730

Hello, I'm thinking about getting a 17.3" Ionico and want to select the fastest RAM but it gives you 3 different opinions about what that might be:

- The Configurator allows you to select up to 3200Mhz
- In Detailed Specification under Memory Type it says "Supports DDR4 2933MHz"
- In Features it says "Choose based on your computing needs with up to 32GB of RAM between 2133MHz and 2666MHz of speed"

Is this a situation where I could select 3200Mhz, but it wouldn't actually be taking full advantage of it? Or is it just that some information is incorrect?

I'm also considering the Defiance which says "Supports DDR4 3200MHz" in Detailed Specification, but only has the Max-Q graphics cards which aren't as powerful.

(Sorry I posted this in the Technical Support forum but I think it should have been here).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello, I'm thinking about getting a 17.3" Ionico and want to select the fastest RAM but it gives you 3 different opinions about what that might be:

- The Configurator allows you to select up to 3200Mhz
- In Detailed Specification under Memory Type it says "Supports DDR4 2933MHz"
- In Features it says "Choose based on your computing needs with up to 32GB of RAM between 2133MHz and 2666MHz of speed"

Is this a situation where I could select 3200Mhz, but it wouldn't actually be taking full advantage of it? Or is it just that some information is incorrect?

I'm also considering the Defiance which says "Supports DDR4 3200MHz" in Detailed Specification, but only has the Max-Q graphics cards which aren't as powerful.

(Sorry I posted this in the Technical Support forum but I think it should have been here).
It will run 3200MHz fine, anything listed in the configurator is compatible.