What to do when laptop arrives?

nabznab

Hi all,

Apologies if this sounds pretty stupid, but once I receive my laptop, am I supposed to install the drivers that are listed under my account>tech support>download?

I ordered it with the operating system installed so was hoping all the necessary drivers would be installed too.

Would appreciate it if someone could clarify.
Was also wondering if upgrades to the CPU/GPU can also be made within the warranty time?

nabznab

All required drivers will already be installed...all you need to do is run Windows Update to make sure WIndows is up to date. Beyond that, the graphics card drivers may need updating. Other than those, you shouldn't need to install/update anything else.

CPU and GPU upgrades would depend on the laptop concerned and whether it's possible....if it is, then upgrades can be done any time

Ah ok thanks. I think both CPU/GPU do have the option to be upgraded as I went for slightly lower spec for these. Do you have any idea of general cost for the upgrades? Like going from the comparable Ryzen 5 to Ryzen 7 processor?

nabznab

Not sure to be honest.....the price difference is £120 from the R5 to R7 on the laptop you ordered but upgrading would be a whole new chip so it would obviously be more...if I had to guess maybe £200?

Right I see. Hope I can make use of what I have for as long as I can!