What your PC Windows Score?

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
PC Score.png

anygood?

Yamikotai

Expert
This is my desktop. The SSD benchmarks like a champ - like, pretty much on spec - but for some reason never scores well in the WEI.
http://gyazo.com/11ed4ec8bbed0f1326ab94fd3475ceb3.png

Personally I consider the real score to be 7.5, though it's a pretty meaningless number anyway; very easy to meddle with.

Edit: I was bored and changed the numbers so they'd all be 15.9. Unfortunately it seemingly (and sensibly) refuses to display the numbers if they're above the max. It just looks like this:
http://gyazo.com/de8af81ffe6f5955a0a458057d5cffb4.png

I also tried it with the numbers as 8 rather than 7.9 and it still didn't accept 'em.

Last edited:

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
WTF my score is all 7.7 or 7.9...but gets gimped on the HDD as a 5.9

just cos its not an ssd....meh!

Rakk

The Awesome
Do remember that the WEI (Windows Experience Index) picks the lowest score as your score because as it has been quoted in numerous places 'you are only as strong as the weakest link' (or something like that anyways, cant remember the exact wording), so it picks the lowest score as your index, it doesn't know what you PC is going to be used for so just tells you the lowest score.

Also between Win7 and Win8 they changed how it works, on Win7 the score goes upto 7.9, on Win8 it goes upto 9.9, this does not mean on your machine if you get 7.9 on Win7 you will get 9.9 on Win8, in fact I've heard it said that on Win8 your scores will be lower on the exact same machine despite the fact the range goes higher.

But basically the WEI isn't actually a very good scoring system and its best not to dwell on the results.

Last edited:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
But basically the WEI isn't actually a very good scoring system and its best not to dwell on the results.

Exactly. It had my AMD A10-5800k as 7.9, but my i5-4670k is only 7.7. Same goes for the Kingston HyperX Genesis scoring less than the Samsung (both 1600MHz).

Encolpius

Silver Level Poster
5.9. Damned mechanical hard disk, which I have now loaded up with so much stuff that the only possible replacement SSD would cost over five hundred quid.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Bit disappointed that I can't make it use the nVidia GPU even though I have it set as the default. Never mind it's just a number! :)

bigben

Master Poster
My desktop vs laptop:
CPU: 7.6 / 6.9
RAM: 7.7 / 7.4
GRAPHICS: 7.9 / 6.5
GAMING GRAPHICS: 7.9 / 6.5
SSD: 7.9 / 7.9
OVERALL: 7.6 / 6.5

mdwh

Enthusiast
Picking the lowest makes some sense, as computing performance is limited by bottlenecks - e.g., if the CPU is too slow, a faster GPU won't give you any actual benefit. It's better to try to build balanced systems. It's not perfect, but I'd argue using an average would be more flawed. The main problem is that non-gamers would be rated poorly for poor gaming graphics, even though that's something they don't care about.

Biggest problem is that systems using NVIDIA Optimus technology are only tested on the Intel graphics - I'm not aware of a way to fix this(?)

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
Phone having funny five mins.... One min it show next I it pop up saying failed post... So I delete them but then I can see then .. Confused.comm

Tom DWC

Found out recently adding SLI to a rig adds a whole 0.1 to the graphics score. Benchmark fail. :D

rickne

Master Poster
I think mine lost a point lately. My hdd is pretty much full so may be it.

EDIT: Was 5.4 with the gfx slowing me down but now its at 7.2. May of been down to beta drivers being used previously. 7.2 still being for the gfx. Everything else at 7.9.

Last edited: