Whats the best android phone at the moment?

Finn

Enthusiast
AFAIK its generally considered to be the HTC One X, followed by the Galaxy S2.

(thats just from reviews/news items I have seen, not my opinion as I have an S2!)

MadMan

Super Star
I hear the samsung galaxy nexus is one of the best and the htc sensation xe is also great :)

MrShteeeve

I bought my missus a HTC One X Saturday and I can safely say even I'm somewhat impressed with the punch it packs and with the correct config the battery lasts around 2 and half days with average usage on a mix of WiFi and 3G.The 720p screen is bright and vibrant and the camera produces nice clear colourful images. But that's just my opinion :)

MadMan

Super Star
Yeah im gonna get a new phone but i think is it worth getting the quad core s3 or htc one x over the dual core s2 or sensation xe.

TravelSite

I've just ordered a new mobile - the HTC Evo 3D. It's a year old now (hence a lot cheaper to buy outright) yet still has the added benefit of taking cool 3D photos and vids on the go. My Fujitsu w3 Camera is great, but sometimes its just more convenient having just one thing to carry around!

You can probably tell I like 3D!

Engadget has lots of info on the forthcoming Samsung Galaxy 3 which looks fairly good, but I'm not sure when it will be available here.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
30th of may

Yep just checked amazon as well :p surprised its that early was expecting at least Q4 if not Q1 2013

The feature i love is the talk thingy, you say galaxy and it unlocks, and it only works with your voice

I just don't get how they fit all of this into a tiny phone just 50 years ago, it would have been the size of a house to get a fraction of this power

TravelSite

I just don't get how they fit all of this into a tiny phone just 50 years ago, it would have been the size of a house to get a fraction of this power

Yes - we're living through the fastest period of growth / development in human history, empowered by pcs (and originally kick started by the industrial revolution and oil I think). Its exciting :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
its bloody annoying though, whenever i go to get a new bit of tech, a new model is just around the corner for the same price and much better specs

MadMan

Super Star
Yep just checked amazon as well :p surprised its that early was expecting at least Q4 if not Q1 2013

The feature i love is the talk thingy, you say galaxy and it unlocks, and it only works with your voice

yeah the galaxy comes out every year around april/may time. I dont see any stand out features except the screen and quad core. Ill properly get it for that reason as contracts are 2 years long and a quad core will last me longer than a dual core.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeah the galaxy comes out every year around april/may time. I dont see any stand out features except the screen and quad core. Ill properly get it for that reason as contracts are 2 years long and a quad core will last me longer than a dual core.

the new speech feature impresses me the most, read up on that, oh and the eye contact kinda thing as well, so it knows when to turn on and you can tell it to unlock, whats not "iphone killer" about that

MadMan

Super Star
the new speech feature impresses me the most, read up on that, oh and the eye contact kinda thing as well, so it knows when to turn on and you can tell it to unlock, whats not "iphone killer" about that

Yeah when your eyes are on the screen it wont turn off. I wasn't even contemplating the iphone, I'm not an apple fan tbh. I'm just interested in a phone that is fast when browsing and has flash so I can watch videos. I think the s2 or sensation xe is suffienct for that and once the s3 comes out the s2 will be more cheaper. But the s2 will be very out of date next year :/

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh, im still stuck with an old samsung, which was pretty good but got old very quick as android came around a few months afterwards, rendering this old system useless pretty much, no apps or anything like that :(

Im hoping to get a quad core one when i decide to buy so i can keep it for a long while and continue to play games

MadMan

Super Star
yeh, im still stuck with an old samsung, which was pretty good but got old very quick as android came around a few months afterwards, rendering this old system useless pretty much, no apps or anything like that :(

Im hoping to get a quad core one when i decide to buy so i can keep it for a long while and continue to play games

yeah same as well, once my exams finish for uni its time to look for a job haha.