What's the best backup hardware & software?

Phete

What's the easiest, most reliable solution for regularly backing up about 100gb of data?

I need hardware and software recommendations.

Not interested in online backups.

Desktop PC with Windows 10.

Thank you!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The best solution for security is multiple backups, to different media, and stored in different locations.

That could simply be a couple of cheap 1TB HDDs that you rotate between, and maybe keep one at your parent's or brother's house, or in a storage unit, or at the office, etc.

As for software, I can't really suggest anything for the PC, as all my data is on Macs and I use CarbonCopyCloner for incremental hourly, incremental daily, incremental and full weekly, incremental and full monthly schedules.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Take a read of this

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm a huge fan of Acronis TrueImage, it's absolutely superb, fast, efficient, loads of options, can be set for ransomware protection as well which is a pretty top tier offering.

Hardware wise a NAS drive is a worthwhile investment in the long term with live backups running 24/7. Synology or QNap tend to be the best.

Phete

Thanks for the suggestions. Acronis etc look good.

Isn't a NAS drive overkill, and ££££? My hard disk is only 240gb? I was thinking of £30 for a usb.......

If I'm honest, I'm not looking for a solution that will survive a nuclear war, just something I can use to transfer all my stuff if my desktop pc fails and I have to panic purchase a replacment

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for the suggestions. Acronis etc look good.

Isn't a NAS drive overkill, and ££££? My hard disk is only 240gb? I was thinking of £30 for a usb.......

If I'm honest, I'm not looking for a solution that will survive a nuclear war, just something I can use to transfer all my stuff if my desktop pc fails and I have to panic purchase a replacment
Oh, then yeah, USB would be ample.

Phete

Thanks for the suggestions.

For my situation, it sounds as though the Windows 10 backup and a couple of external usb drives will do the job.

Thanks again.