Whats the best free audio editor?

BAD SANTA

Alright everybody,

I'm making a video and am putting audio on it but I need to know a good editor,
it only needs to be able to lower a track volume at a said time and bring up the levels later any help would really be apreciated.
Cheers
Adam

shades

Silver Level Poster
By the way. I understand from the thread you started on video editors that you're using Sony Vegas. You can actually adjust the audio in the way you've described within Vegas anyway.

BAD SANTA

Cheers for the reply but how?
I can import said track and chop it up but cant figure out how to fade it at a certain point. I want it to start loud for my intro and then fade to background music after that, then at the end raise up to loud again.
Any idea's

shades

Silver Level Poster
Cheers for the reply but how?
I can import said track and chop it up but cant figure out how to fade it at a certain point. I want it to start loud for my intro and then fade to background music after that, then at the end raise up to loud again.
Any idea's

If you select the audio track and then press "v" on your keyboard you'll get a blue line in the middle of the waveform. You right click on this to add editable points along the length of the track and drag those points up and down to create fades. You can also drag the points sideways to place them at a different point in the track.

Here's a screenshot to show you what it looks like:

vegaswaveform.jpg

Last edited: