What's your favourite class?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i play everything depending on whats needed i want to unlock everything then il decide what im going to focus my time on but my favorite is the aek atm.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Recon is still my favourite, but I have been having fun with Engineer last couple of nights.

I think all the classes bring something different, so hard to call an absolute favourite...which I think is a good facet of the game :D

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Engineer with Shotgun loaded with frag rounds, SMAW, repair tool. Only the BF3 server config at the moment is too open so I have to use my M4 machine gun. 2 levels to go before I get UMP. I hope it is as good as it was in beta

MeveM

Bright Spark
I started as Support and got a massive 1500 kills with my M249, then I tried out Engineer and really enjoyed it. I can't stand the enemy tanks so I enjoy blowing them up :p. I also enjoy driving tanks so I thought Engineer would be more suitable.

Currently using the G37C or what it's called. I'm finding the Javelin pretty useless though, hardly ever hits, takes too long to get a lock on most maps as there's always pillars etc in the way so I just go normal launcher.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I swear I have yet to shoot down a plane or chopper with a rocket or the AA tank's missiles...all the aircraft do is chaff it up everytime and by the time I have reloaded, so has their countermeasure...I just dont how you are meant to shoot them down without using a heavy cannon like on the AA tank (less accurate ofc).

MeveM

Bright Spark
I swear I have yet to shoot down a plane or chopper with a rocket or the AA tank's missiles...all the aircraft do is chaff it up everytime and by the time I have reloaded, so has their countermeasure...I just dont how you are meant to shoot them down without using a heavy cannon like on the AA tank (less accurate ofc).

Here's a trick for you that always work. Lock on them, wait, they use flares, laugh at them since you didn't fire, lock on again and shoot, dead plane/heli. Works I'd say 75% of the time, 15% failes due to them flying away/behind obsticles, and the other 10% is due to getting shot yourself or the lock on starts spasing up and refuses to relock.

It's very effective. I do it as engineer, as AA Vehicle, and as a plane/heli myself, it works all the time because people throw their flares out as soon as they hear the full tune. Don't bother with a good attack helicopter pilot though since effectively they have 2 flares. The gunner can use flares as well so there's always 1 handy.

Deklore

Bright Spark
You sure that trick works MeveM? Isnt there a different tone for a fired missle than from lock on?

Reason im asking is i tried this a couple of times. Had a helicopter locked on for what seemed ages (prolly around 10secs) and they didnt fire their flares. Then as soon as i fired they released their flares. Or is that just bad timing on my part?

MeveM

Bright Spark
You sure that trick works MeveM? Isnt there a different tone for a fired missle than from lock on?

Reason im asking is i tried this a couple of times. Had a helicopter locked on for what seemed ages (prolly around 10secs) and they didnt fire their flares. Then as soon as i fired they released their flares. Or is that just bad timing on my part?

There's 3 different bleeps yes. You get the locking, you got locked and launched and tracked. BUT 95% of all pilots use the flares when it's locked. They don't wait for the launched. I sometimes do it myself as well, only the good experienced pilots wait as long as they can.

Deklore

Bright Spark
Okay, seems like it was my bad luck i happen to try shoot down a pilot that knows what hes doing :(

I guess i'll give it another try :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Aha! Good thinking Meve, will def give it a go. As you say, good pilots will counter it regardless, so just have to let our own jets deal with them, but would be nice to shoot down some numpties...though half the time I want to shoot down my own pilots, especially of the large chopper, when they blatantly cannot fly (I don't profess to be good at flying yet, so I dont do it on a 64 player server) and kill 6 people by crashing into a hill!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
best not try shoot down me and fear we both have flares using them sequentialy so rockets aint a problem really and we always down the AA asap 9/10 times its me that kills us with the TV missile, damn thing need to be fixed.

Manxjason

Silver Level Poster
I play support, but mainly find myself scouting enemy tanks/SUVs, attaching C4 and watching them be blown to pieces :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i like being a medic or scout, something about reviving dead people... and something about popping heads 100s of meters away

Fear

Prolific Poster
best not try shoot down me and fear we both have flares using them sequentialy so rockets aint a problem really and we always down the AA asap 9/10 times its me that kills us with the TV missile, damn thing need to be fixed.

As i keep telling you i should be the gunner as i don't like you making my k/d so bad :p