When gaming, my PC randomly crashes. Any suggestions?

Luke O

Hi,

I have had my PC now for just over half a year that I built myself. Whenever I play games (such as Rainbow Six Siege, GTA, and a few more), I sometimes find that my PC crashes. This usually happens every few days but its hard to know when it'll happen next as it is completely random. When the crash occurs, my monitors go blank, my fans go really fast and loud (not too sure which fan(s) it is though), my graphics card load light disappears and my keyboard and mouse RGB lighting disappears. It actually sounds as if the PC will explode when this occurs as the fans can get ridiculously loud (loudness changes between crashes for some reason too). Occasionally, a blue screen will appear when the crash occurs and gives the Stop code : THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. The screen also says it will restart for me but it never does, so I am always forced to forced shutdown the PC and restart. Here is a list of my components:

-AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
-AMD Rx Vega 56 (MSI Airboost)
-16gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3000
-Gigabyte b450m
-Corsair vs650 80+ psu

As i am still fairly new to PCs, I am not the best at troubleshooting so any help would be really appreciated. So far, I have checked my GPU temperatures and when gaming, it reaches around 74 degrees celcius max which isn't very high as far as i am aware. I have updated the GPU drivers but that hasn't done anything. At the moment, I am suspecting the problem to be the PSU, but again, I am not very experienced with this stuff.

Thanks for any help,

Luke