When i turn on my pc the screen stay black and the pc makes 1 long beep and 3 small ones.

David9999

The beep combination (1 long and 3 small beeps)i believe is something to do with graphics card. I have cleaned and tried reconnecting everything including graphics card and it still didnt work. Then i put my old graphics card into the pc and the pc worked normally. What should i do, its a Geforce GTX770.

I put my pc specs below, if nothing is able to fix my problem then could someone suggest a new graphics card that will match my currect motherboard and case size for around £300 please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-025452.png
    Screenshot_20200120-025452.png
    282.6 KB · Views: 80

steaky360

Does indeed seem to be a GPU fault, as the PC won't switch on I figure the GPU fans etc. won't start spinning up during boot-up. Do you have another PC you could maybe try it in to be sure?

Are you outwith your warranty period with PCS? Maybe they can help?

David9999

The pc starts normal and all fans are spinning on boot up. Only the black screen and the beeps. The pc stays on and if i press the power button it instally shuts off. Usually need hold 3 seconds for shutdown

The warrenty is off, this pc is 5 years old but all rig worked really good before ome day i start the pc from 1 hour sleep mode when i went to the garden.

Does anyone know if the graphics card id repairable, or i will need to purchase a new graphics card.
I dont know much about fitting new cards in. My gtx 770 used 8 pin and 6 pin power both connected.i saw online only single 8pin plug without the 6pin. Also cant be more fatter than 3.9cm ( im guessing 2 spots)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Is it the 770 that is faulty? Or is the 770 your old GPU?

If the 770 is your old GPU and a new one is faulty, the newer one could still be under warranty?

Why do you say the GPU needs to be 2 slots only? The wifi card in one of the slots below? Worse case scenario you can always buy a USB wifi adapter :)

Maybe a 1660 Super for £200

This one is dual fan and only 35.3mm deep

I assume you use the PC for gaming among other things?