When's Zen 3 coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevewtw

Bronze Level Poster
Based on previous releases, how long does AMD take from announcement to delivery for the resellers?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Based on previous releases, how long does AMD take from announcement to delivery for the resellers?
Usually within a couple of weeks, but with everything that's going on related to Covid, that could well be inaccurate, almost everything at the moment is not as anyone would expect.

owebru

Apologies for hijacking the thread. It's related.

I was about to order a 3900x and a ASUS Maximus Hero VIII. I am aware of AMD's upcoming announcements. I had assumed that actual UK availability of the new 4000/5000 chips will be months down the line. Is this a bad assumption to make, are they likely to be available to buy from PCS before November?

I appreciate no-one can be definitive about this.

One other question. I understand that the new chips will be compatible with the mobo above. Is this correct?

Thanks

Apologies for hijacking the thread. It's related.

I was about to order a 3900x and a ASUS Maximus Hero VIII. I am aware of AMD's upcoming announcements. I had assumed that actual UK availability of the new 4000/5000 chips will be months down the line. Is this a bad assumption to make, are they likely to be available to buy from PCS before November?

I appreciate no-one can be definitive about this.

One other question. I understand that the new chips will be compatible with the mobo above. Is this correct?

Thanks

I know when AMD launched the XT range, PCS had them on the configurator within a week or so? Of course, these were just "speed-binned" CPU's as opposed to a whole new architecture but the timescale might be similar.

Scoped Badger

Silver Level Poster
Just as a general heads up for those interested, AMD are streaming the announcement today on their YouTube channel:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There is another thread on this topic here, as such I'll lock this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.