Where can I buy the black plastic clip that keeps the keyboard attachment ribbon

gudthing

Where can I buy the black plastic clip that keeps the keyboard attachment ribbon attached to the motherboard? I seem to have lost it (de-assembled laptop a good 3months ago) and I have no idea where it's gone. Does anyone know anywhere that would sell it? Or a solution? Since it wont stay in place... I noticed there is a 'spare' clip on the motherboard (look at picture) but I have no idea if its even possible to remove it without snapping it off. Please look at the pictures fora better understanding, thanks! Photo 2014-06-27 06.38.48 pm.jpg

Photo 2014-06-27 06.39.22 pm.jpg

T

TheGeeza

Not sure you can buy parts like that. You could maybe look for old circuit boards with similar clips on them to salvage from :)
You might be able to tape it down with electrical tape although I doubt that would offer a reliable connection.

Last edited by a moderator:

gudthing

Not sure you can buy parts like that. You could maybe look for old circuit boards with similar clips on them to salvage from :)
You might be able to tape it down with electrical tape although I doubt that would offer a reliable connection.

Thanks for the reply. Mmmm as expected, do you know if the clips 'naturally' come out with a bit of force? Since there is a spare one on the netbook but I dont want to break another :)!

T

TheGeeza

do you know if the clips 'naturally' come out with a bit of force?

They do just pop out with a bit of force. Just be careful not to snap it. They are VERY fragile. :)

gudthing

They do just pop out with a bit of force. Just be careful not to snap it. They are VERY fragile. :)

I felt a bit nervous doing so I had a nice strong belgian beer and re-attempted it.... IT WORKED :). Now time to put the thing together :)!

gudthing

I like your style :hammer:

Hehe, tbh I've been avoiding the re-assembly for months so it was a bit of an all or nothing situation. I had another Duvel in the fringe incase things went wrong, but it all went perfectly, so I'll save that for another night :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hehe, tbh I've been avoiding the re-assembly for months so it was a bit of an all or nothing situation. I had another Duvel in the fringe incase things went wrong, but it all went perfectly, so I'll save that for another night :D

Awesome, thank god for duvel :sorcerer: