where do you get ur music

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I just doubt anyone would get caught, and at the prie of music and the current climate im not surprised many download illegally and im surprised anyone uses itunes at their proces

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I just doubt anyone would get caught, and at the prie of music and the current climate im not surprised many download illegally and im surprised anyone uses itunes at their proces

That statement is wrong on so many levels:

a) what has the current economic climate got to do with it, its wrong to steal whether your rich ro poor. If you cant afford soemthing you save up for it then you buy it. End of.

b) Im frankly surprised as many people download as they do, seems our society doesnt seem to give a **** anymore, how do you see stealing online any different from people who stole from shops satyurday through tuesday? Please give me some justification as to why one is less bad than the other. And dont give me the usual rubbish that artists dont need the money because that really is beside the point

c) Itunes is not expensive, not sure where you get that from really, yeah its expensive compared to stealing I guess, but then people who steal arent worth my time.

UndeadJack

Master Poster

Doesn't help that the optial media has past its peak in many eyes.... I disagree - blue ray and dvd forever!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I think itunes is very overpriced, and ive looked on other sites who are much cheaper than them. Also yes stealing is stealong but a couple of albums is a lot different to a 50" plasma and an ipad. I personally think if songs were about 30p each a lot more people would pay, tm all im seeing is people going from paying to d/ling for free

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Morally, yes its no different, but i think someone would be more concerned if a TV was stolen over a song on the internet, considering it happens all the time, nobody cares anymore, personally i buy majority of my songs on CD or borrow the CDs from others rarely do i dl illegally, although some older ones im forced to download as te disc is scratched :(

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Morally, yes its no different, but i think someone would be more concerned if a TV was stolen over a song on the internet, considering it happens all the time, nobody cares anymore, personally i buy majority of my songs on CD or borrow the CDs from others rarely do i dl illegally, although some older ones im forced to download as te disc is scratched :(

Thats complete rubbish, you may think nobody cares, hence why people seem to somehow think its ok. By that standard is it beat the crap out of a homepless person with no friends than it is to beat a well respected business man? Obviously no one cares about the homeless man since he doesnt knwo anyone so by your reckoning this is morally wrong but its fine.

Think you really need to think about your morals wozza, stealing is stealing and no matter how much the product is worth the person you steal from will be worse off, all because you cant be bothered to spend a bit of money.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Clealry if multi-millionaire artiss were that concerned they would be shutting these sites down like what happened to limewire

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Clealry if multi-millionaire artiss were that concerned they would be shutting these sites down like what happened to limewire

clearly you dont understand how difficult it is for them to do that. Im guessing if you were a millionaire you wouldnt care if people stole from you? i know the answer is yes, because everyone cares if people steal from them, so what makes musicians any differnet?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Thats what im saying, of course they care that people are stealing but obviously it doesnt concern the ones with the power (big name artists) to do anything about it, like shutting down torrents and dodgy sites, if i had the power i could end the majority of it now
All torrent sites
All sites listed on ddlrank.com
Will all be shut down and it would pretty much be problem solved, although you cam still downaload torrents if you an get the file. Perhaps shutting down sites like hotfile, fileserve etc would also be a good idea

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Thats what im saying, of course they care that people are stealing but obviously it doesnt concern the ones with the power (big name artists) to do anything about it, like shutting down torrents and dodgy sites, if i had the power i could end the majority of it now
All torrent sites
All sites listed on ddlrank.com
Will all be shut down and it would pretty much be problem solved, although you cam still downaload torrents if you an get the file. Perhaps shutting down sites like hotfile, fileserve etc would also be a good idea

Theyre trying to shut them down believe me, its not as easy as saying "thaty guy is a topartist, he has power, he can easily shut down the sites" its nothing to do with power, its to do with current internet laws which basically say that the people sharing links , i.e. torrent searches like piratebay have deniability as to what the links link to. It is therefore not them that is doing anything wrong, which makes it impossible to shut them down.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Im guessing tat monitoring sites like hotfile would be a start, although they would probably go out pf business instantly, torrents will never be shut down in my opinion for as long as the internet stays open to any creator

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Im guessing tat monitoring sites like hotfile would be a start, although they would probably go out pf business instantly, torrents will never be shut down in my opinion for as long as the internet stays open to any creator

Thats not the point, many torrents are legal anyway, theyre not jsut used for illegal downloads of films / music. But yeah thats beside the point, whether ytou download a single music track or steal a 50" plasma tv from john lewis in the riots, each is as bad as the other, both stealing, both taking money from others.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Thats not the point, many torrents are legal anyway, theyre not jsut used for illegal downloads of films / music. But yeah thats beside the point, whether ytou download a single music track or steal a 50" plasma tv from john lewis in the riots, each is as bad as the other, both stealing, both taking money from others.

What about youtube downloader.... Jokes...