Where do you Guys work

Gorman

Author Level
ahh mIRC that takes me back!

Used to be the place to get South park episodes when season 1 came out

brodle

It started off many years a go with an interest in Amatuer radio, After passing city and guilds and obtaining my license shortly after computers came on the scene and then I was hooked.

Started building systems on the kitchen worktop then my son took an interest so taught him but now he knows everything about gaming computer specs and we build them for all his friends as a hobby, I'm just the slave and technical help! lol :D

MoshiMoshi

Silver Level Poster
I have a BSc in Computer and Network Engineering. I am now awaiting the start of the new enrollment for January 2011 in MSc/PgCert/etc Networking Professional.

I started off fairly late at the age of 13-14 in computers. It wasn't something I decided to do in the first place(I actually considered joining the Army) but what the hell, it's where I am now.

Currently looking for a part-time job for the next two months so if anyone is hiring, I'm interested.

Gorman

Author Level
Ok heres the rough guide on my story.

Started on a tech helpdesk straight out of school.

Did various apprenticeships while moving around help desks etc.

Temped as an IT guy for various places.

Landed a Job as a Network / Telecoms engineer and spent a couple of years doing all sorts of training on different areas:

Phone systems / Networking / CCTV / Fire alarms etc etc server admin blah blah. Did a lot of cabling, everything from CAT / Fibre to Coax etc

Did a few MS courses at night college along with CCNA

Temped for a couple of years doing contract work all over the shop

Settled as Network / IT manager guy running all aspects of IT for a major laptop retailer for a few years.

Took charge of the IT / infrastructure needs for a local charity in my spare time

Started to work for PCS as the Server guy, learned VB and proceeded to overhaul everything from the cabling up.

Main qualifacations would be the MS stuff, the Cisco stuff and countless little pieces of paper saying i can do random things like terminate fibre to program 1980's PBX's. I couldnt list them if i tried.

All in all it adds up to about a decade of non stop IT guruing.

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, I don't know too much about hardware, but since joining this forum I've learnt a lot about such things, and at some point I may actually have a dabble - though on my old PC I think :) - presuming it lives that long.

I'm actually a software engineer, working mostly on web applications using VB.NET (I'd prefer C#, but it's not my choice), web services and playing with MSSQL, though I do have this tendancy to break PC's (and not even with my software, just by using them)

MoshiMoshi

Silver Level Poster
*wants to do CCNA/MCSE*

I already did the training for MCSE.. I just...... need to go for the exam. T^T

Or go for Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP).

Last edited:
I am a Systems Developer for a University. I develop web applications and web services, mostly internal using VB.NET. I use MSSQL as a backend for my applications. However, I also do a degree in Computer Networks at the mentioned University.

Shibin

Enthusiast
Student studying a level maths,chemistry,biology and physics.16 years old and an avid gamer on pc and console. Btw about mirc,i use it all the time as it is one of the main forms of communication(including teamspeak etc) in urban terror for clans and people,easiest way to organise stuff really.

Adzey

Bronze Level Poster
Liability Insurance Underwriter covering dodgy construction companies you probably see on Rogue Traders lol

greybing

i inseminate horses...........,artificially of course.....no not really i am a freelance artist so quite similar but with more white spirit

jimmygee

Bronze Level Poster
I've just retired,I used to do the Brazilian waxing at the "Miss World Contest", and I also did Australian waxing,it's just the same but more "down under".

Gorman

Author Level
I've just retired,I used to do the Brazilian waxing at the "Miss World Contest", and I also did Australian waxing,it's just the same but more "down under".

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

jimmygee

Bronze Level Poster
Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg
[/QUOT

Sorry, thought I'd get away with that one :)

Seriously,have had to retire from factory work due to ill health.Over the years to pass time away,
have learned computer knowledge from tutorial videos and books etc. I do video editing and animations
using software programmes (magix,iclone etc) and have a lot of fun.Just signed to this forum, as I
await my more powerful computer being delivered from PCS :)