Where has the Corsair 4000D Airflow gone ??

RichLan564

Bright Spark
There one day gone the next, does this usually happen ? Do they reappear at some point ?

Do want to go for a Corsair build (Case, RAM, AIO, Fans) but don't want to go to the 5000D as its quite a chunk bigger!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
There one day gone the next, does this usually happen ? Do they reappear at some point ?

Do want to go for a Corsair build (Case, RAM, AIO, Fans) but don't want to go to the 5000D as its quite a chunk bigger!
I'd imagine it's currently just out of stock, due to it's popularity I'm sure it'll be back soon. Alternatively, if you really don't want to wait, you could buy one externally and get it sent straight to PCS directly with their 'send in your case' option, although it does work out a little more expensive that way.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Speak of the devil, for me it looks like it's back!
1621254857646.png

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Speak of the devil, for me it looks like it's back!View attachment 26281
Ha ha, amazing ! Checked before I posted and it wasn't there....

If i buy some Corsair RGB fans for the front (will be ordering with H115i AIO) does the AIO come with an RGB/fan controller to plug them into, or for that matter does anybody know what the default mount is for the H115i ?

Don't mind fitting them myself when i get the system

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ha ha, amazing ! Checked before I posted and it wasn't there....

If i buy some Corsair RGB fans for the front (will be ordering with H115i AIO) does the AIO come with an RGB/fan controller to plug them into, or for that matter does anybody know what the default mount is for the H115i ?

Don't mind fitting them myself when i get the system
PCS will fit everything you purchase for you. Which H115i are you going with? If it's the Capellix, it comes with a 'Commander core' which will allow you to control the fan speeds and RGB through Corsair's iCue Software. And the H115i will be mounted at the top of a 4000D.

To add the fans you might find you need to call PCS or use the live chat feature to custom add them to the order. The 4000D comes with two cheap black fans and the configurator doesn't account for replacing them and won't allow you to pass if you have too many fans installed.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
PCS will fit everything you purchase for you. Which H115i are you going with? If it's the Capellix, it comes with a 'Commander core' which will allow you to control the fan speeds and RGB through Corsair's iCue Software. And the H115i will be mounted at the top of a 4000D.

To add the fans you might find you need to call PCS or use the live chat feature to custom add them to the order. The 4000D comes with two cheap black fans and the configurator doesn't account for replacing them and won't allow you to pass if you have too many fans installed.
Yes will be the Cappelix, may go with the H150i yet but not sure,

OK no problem, I presume I can just add them after point of order through the chat ?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yes will be the Cappelix, may go with the H150i yet but not sure,

OK no problem, I presume I can just add them after point of order through the chat ?
Ahhh sweet, I've just seen you have a 5800X in a previous thread. The H150i wouldn't be needed but there's nothing wrong with better cooling. If you were to do that it would be front mounted as there isn't space for a 360mm mount on the top (you'd need the 5000D for that). And honestly, I'm not 100% sure but I'd imagine so, or just contact them shortly after you order.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Ahhh sweet, I've just seen you have a 5800X in a previous thread. The H150i wouldn't be needed but there's nothing wrong with better cooling. If you were to do that it would be front mounted as there isn't space for a 360mm mount on the top (you'd need the 5000D for that). And honestly, I'm not 100% sure but I'd imagine so, or just contact them shortly after you order.
Cheers, yeah 5800x was the plan but may go 5900x, still trying to finalise things, perhaps 5000D is the way to go after all for a bit of future spare capacity

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The 5000X is a great case too and in the same ball park as the 5000D
I think the 5000D+RGB front fans is a better option than the 5000X, even though it's really pretty and has surprisingly good airflow for a solid-front case.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think the 5000D+RGB front fans is a better option than the 5000X, even though it's really pretty and has surprisingly good airflow for a solid-front case.
If it were to come back before ordering or while waiting, you could go for 5000X because you'll get the great price of the RGB fans and then it looks like Corsair finally properly stock the panels for 5000D/ D Airflow and X. You could buy one of them and pop it on. Hopefully they come to the 4000 Series soon 🤞

5000D Airflow Front Panel

5000X Front Panel

Citrus_9

Expert
If it were to come back before ordering or while waiting, you could go for 5000X because you'll get the great price of the RGB fans and then it looks like Corsair finally properly stock the panels for 5000D/ D Airflow and X. You could buy one of them and pop it on. Hopefully they come to the 4000 Series soon 🤞

5000D Airflow Front Panel

5000X Front Panel
These links are very helpful! I was thinking to get a 5000D front panel for my 5000D.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
These links are very helpful! I was thinking to get a 5000D front panel for my 5000D.
When I saw them I was actually going to post them under your spec thread but was under the impression you swapped for a 4000 Series, maybe I was wrong 😂 Whatever case you went for, hopefully they’ll be out for the 4K series soon... 4000X with LL120’s is the dream 😂